Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
rnaqvi wroteKeep in mind, the RM Series also does 96k (The X32 doesn't) and the latency will be slightly less at the higher sampling rate.

Regards,

Will the increase in sampling rate also make the ad/da-converters work faster or is only the dsp system latency affected?

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by drums.michael on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:50 pm
Nice Thread about the latency here :)

Does anyone have a comparison with Dante VSC vs firewire? Maybe even with a Dante PCIe accelerator card (Yamaha or Focusrite)?

That would be interesting to compare

Cheers

Michael

RM32AI
- MacBook Pro Retina i7 8gb
- 2U self built computer running MacOSX Mavericks (courtesy of tonymacx86.com) and Hannspree/Hanns-G Touchscreen (HT231HPG)

internals:
CPU: i7 4790K @4.0Ghz
RAM: 16GB 1866 DDR3
OS disk 128gb Samsung 840 SSD
storage: 2 2TB Seagate HDD 7200 rpm (2tb running RAID for speed plus 2x 1tb storage partitions)
Chenbro RM24100 Rackcase
CPU Cooler (due to height restrictions) Thermalright AXP-200 Muscle with offset Fan

UC Surface on Mac and iPad
Processing via Waves MultiRack & LiveProfessor2

My Homepage (still being built...)
by matthewseymour on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:48 am
Dante Virtual Soundcard (which I guess is what you're referring to) is much higher latency. It's at least 10ms plus a little bit of network latency (tiny) plus conversion and any overhead added by the mixer (also pretty tiny) plus ASIO buffers. So you're looking at quite a long round trip time. With a Dante hardware interface, the accelerator card as Audinate call it, you get back to lovely low latency. I haven't actually measured it but I think I'm getting about 4ms from in to out with my RM through a Focusrite rednet card. I haven't pushed the settings either.

Essentially the Dante software interfaces are fantastic for recording, and Via is really useful... but I wouldn't be wanting to run softsynths through DVS or Via... for example.
by Karyn on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:24 pm
I run Waves Multirack to insert plugins to 10 wireless mic channels live, using Dante VSC on a McBook Pro.

I see (or hear) no latency issues.
The latency figures for Dante VSC (2ms, 4ms or 10ms) are not actual latency. That is the maximum allowable latency before VSC tells you it's being worked too hard.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2