Includes StudioLive 312Ai, 315Ai 328Ai and SL18sAi
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Since avb seems to be native on the ai/rm mixers in a near feature without using an optional card, what about the ai speakers?

Will the ai-speakers speak avb or do you still need dante cards to go digital?

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by rnaqvi on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:35 am
The card that ships with the AI Speakers is basically just like the one in the StudioLive AI Mixers. It's for control only.

Our Dante Card for the speakers is available now.

And we are working on an AVB Card that will come out later this year.

Rick Naqvi
VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics
http://www.presonus.com
by roblof on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:39 am
Tnx!

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by tjdeerinck on Mon May 18, 2015 1:15 pm
Good news on the AVB Cards!

Does anyone know that if you are running say a 315AI / 312AI pair on each side, do you need 4 cards or just 1 card per side (2), to the primary connection and use an balanced cable to connect the other speaker?

Thanks,

~Tim

Regards,

~T.J. Deerinck
by mwright137 on Mon May 18, 2015 7:12 pm
tjdeerinck wroteGood news on the AVB Cards!

Does anyone know that if you are running say a 315AI / 312AI pair on each side, do you need 4 cards or just 1 card per side (2), to the primary connection and use an balanced cable to connect the other speaker?

Thanks,

~Tim

Pretty sure you can do exactly that.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by tjdeerinck on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:26 pm
Hey Presonus!

Any updated timeline for the AVB Cards for the SL Speakers? Got everything else rockin' and just need the AVB Speaker cards to round it all out.

Thanks,

~TJ

Regards,

~T.J. Deerinck
by fromnaija on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:22 pm
Hey, so the previous question got me thinking. I am running 315 and 18s per side. Can I just use the cards in the subs and connect the 315 with balanced cable from the sub?

Studiolive RM32AI, Studiolive 16.4.2AI, Studiolive CS18AI, Studiolive 32, Studiolive 32R, Studio One 3 Professional, 2 x Studiolive 315AI, 2 x Studiolive 18sAI, 2 x ULT15, 2 x ULT18, dbx DriveRack VENU360, 2 x Crown XTi6002, 4 x Crown XTi4000, 2 x Crown XLS2500, 2 x Carvin HD3000, 2 x Carvin LS1802, 2 x Yamaha SW118V, 4 x Yamaha S215V, 2 x Yamaha S115V, 4 x Yamaha SM15V, Windows 10 8gb, MacBook Pro 16gb, Waves Impact Server plus Diamond and Horizon plug-in bundles.
by Karyn on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:59 am
fromnaija wroteHey, so the previous question got me thinking. I am running 315 and 18s per side. Can I just use the cards in the subs and connect the 315 with balanced cable from the sub?

mwright137 wrote
tjdeerinck wroteGood news on the AVB Cards!

Thanks,

~Tim

Pretty sure you can do exactly that.

It would be totally logical to run a single cat5 to a sub and link all the speakers in the same stack using the provided audio outputs, however it appears the design department at Presonus have a different idea of what is logical than the rest of us.
A quick look at the block diagram for either the subs or the tops shows the analogue outputs are just mirrors/pass-throughs of the analogue inputs before the signal is digitised to be fed to the internal processing. The digital signal from the Dante card is another, separate input that goes directly to the processor with no means of converting to analogue. And with no second ethernet connection on the Dante cards for digital pass-through it's not possible to link speakers in any way.

The official Presonus way to connect Dante speakers is to run a separate cat5/6 cable to each speaker from your central network switch, which is fine for stage monitors but a medium size rig with 2 subs and 2 tops on each side would need a bundle of 8 cat5 cables (and 8 Dante cards), instead of just 2 analogue...

If you really want to connect your FOH with Dante then I suggest a cheap 4-5 way network switch permanently fixed to a sub on each stack so you can run a single cable from your gear to the first stack, then link across to the second stack and use short patch cables to connect each speaker.
But it's a very expensive way of replacing 2 standard balanced cables.

Another thing that's in the small print, which isn't made quite clear in all the sales hype, is that once you add the Dante card to a speaker you have NO CHOICE but to use it as it disables the WiFi connection. That's fine if you already use a hard wired connection for control, but if all you want to do is dump a speaker in a remote location with a long balanced analogue feed you CAN'T control it unless you also run a long cat5...

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by saieashmohanadas on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:10 pm
rnaqvi wroteThe card that ships with the AI Speakers is basically just like the one in the StudioLive AI Mixers. It's for control only.

Our Dante Card for the speakers is available now.

And we are working on an AVB Card that will come out later this year.

It has been a year since you wrote that - any updates on the AVB cards?
I have the RM mixers which has AVB built in - so would be easy just to use AVB which I assume will be cheaper than Dante cards.
by ekuykendall on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:03 pm
Bump! Any updates here?

Tools: Studio One Pro, Capture, SL Room Control, UC Surface, QMix-AI
Computer: Mac Mini 2.6GHz 16GB w/256GB SSD, Lacie Thunderbolt 256GB SSD, iPad, iPhone
Network: TP-LINK WR-1043ND, MOTU AVB Switch

10 posts
Page 1 of 1