Includes StudioLive 312Ai, 315Ai 328Ai and SL18sAi
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recently acquired several 328's to upgrade my monitor system. One objective was to make sure they were all connecting to my wireless access point. During this process, I have noticed some flakiness with a couple of speakers not enabling the USB Wi-Fi dongle to connect to the wireless access point. I attempted many troubleshooting steps (swapping dongles, etc) which yielded random results.

Bottom line: There can exist a fundamental issue with the connectivity of the dongle/cabinet that will not allow the Wi-Fi dongle to function. This is not just limited to speakers either as this solution was first applied to my CS18 which was having the same issue of a specific Wi-Fi dongle not functioning.

Solution: Obtain a USB extension cable and plug that into the speaker and then plug the Wi-Fi dongle into that. Boot the speaker and the wif-fi dongle should start to blink again. Verify that everything is working, shut down the speaker, remove the extension cable and plug the Wi-Fi dongle directly into the speaker. Boot the speaker and the dongle should function again.

My experience is that I have a couple suspect cabinets. One cabinet, that originally had no problems until I swapped dongles, has failed to initiate the Wi-Fi dongle a couple times now. Repeating the solution stated above would once again, resolve the issue. Will need more time to determine if this becomes a long term issue.

Anyway, I hope this information is helpful to someone at some point. I haven't seen anyone post with these types of issues, but now I have experienced it on two different PreSonus products. Perhaps a rare engineering/assembly design flaw.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by john_kaufman on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:35 am
Interesting - I have a pair of 18sAI's that I can't seem to get to firmware v8087 using a variety of USB sticks, including the one I used to bring it to v5959 that same day! Desperate at this point, I'll try the extension method to see if that makes a difference.

(2) 32R | (2) 328AI | (2) 18sAI | (2) ULT15 | (2) QSC K12 | (2) QSC K10.2 | (20+) Shure's & Sennheiser's - wired and wireless | (2) iPad 2017 | (4) iPod 6 Touch | (2) MacBook Pro | Full Ubiquiti WiFi Mesh setup | (1) Furman 20AMP Power Conditioner | Bunch of F34 Truss and DMX Lights | 16x12' Stage | (1) Box Truck and (1) Billion cables.
by bubbaguth on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:29 am
To be clear, I was referring to solving an issue inactive wi-fi dongles or wi-fi dongles that become inactive that won't allow your speaker to connect to your wireless access point, and not referring to anything to do with USB sticks and firmware upgrades. Of course there is no harm in trying but not sure if it would be of any help to you.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro

3 posts
Page 1 of 1