Includes StudioLive 312Ai, 315Ai 328Ai and SL18sAi
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I had a 3 day outdoor festival at my church this week and a pair of 328's and a pair of EV subs (haven't gotten a chance to upgrade to PreSonus yet) did well all things considered. I am a very happy camper. We'll be back next year, hopefully with more PreSonus gear ;-)

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Karyn on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:51 am
I have a pair of 328's on order and a gig coming up in a couple of weeks. How to the 328's cope without subs? (I can't afford the subs yet :cry: )

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by mwright137 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:40 am
Depends on the music. I can't afford the subs yet either but I still have my EV subs. For an acoustic act, the 328's are great. For rock, you really need subs. For outdoors, I have another pair of subs to add the gain lost from the walls.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Karyn on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:12 am
Looks like I'm going to be short by 4 subs...

It should be ok, just a small gig with a rock covers band but I'll keep the levels down with just Vox and kick/snare/overhead in the pa.

Got a much bigger outdoor gig coming up but I can borrow subs for that.

Thanks.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by degoerz on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:44 am
I have a set of 328's and Subs enroute, should have them this week, bought them based on reviews only. Coming from RCF and EAW so hope they live up to their reputation.
by Dale Christenson on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:52 pm
I got a pair of 328s and used them this past Saturday. (9-12-15)

I absolutely know they didn't have the same output as my Peavey DTH-S4 tops. I have decided that I need a second pair. They just would not get loud enough for the high energy rock band I was mixing for.
Don't get me wrong, I thought they sounded really good in comparison. But, I know I will need a second and maybe a third pair. It seems that there is no substitution for "big iron" when it comes to sheer output.

I do a series in an amphitheater outside during the spring and summer and I will for sure need a couple more pair for that. That's a bread and butter gig for me and I want these to be better sounding than my previous tops. They are, but I have to fill that space. One pair won't cut it.

Sound 4-U! reinforcement and mobile recording serving Tulsa and surrounding areas.
Dale Christenson

StudioLive RM32ai
StudioLive RML32ai
CS18ai
MOTU AVB switch
ULT15 x6
ULT18 x2
SL AI328 speakers x4
StudioLive 16.4.2 classic
Windows 8.1 SSD computer with UC Surface, Capture2, and StudioOne2 Producer
by dlovrien on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:05 pm
Dale Christenson wroteI absolutely know they didn't have the same output as my Peavey DTH-S4 tops. I have decided that I need a second pair. They just would not get loud enough for the high energy rock band I was mixing for.

Have you installed the latest firmware on your 328's? The update released last April increases the input sensitivity by 10 dBu. This is huge. I had the wrong impression of the output of my 328's until they put out this firmware fix.

http://support.presonus.com/entries/669 ... structions
by Dale Christenson on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:09 pm
Yes. Thank you for that. It helped tremendously!

Sound 4-U! reinforcement and mobile recording serving Tulsa and surrounding areas.
Dale Christenson

StudioLive RM32ai
StudioLive RML32ai
CS18ai
MOTU AVB switch
ULT15 x6
ULT18 x2
SL AI328 speakers x4
StudioLive 16.4.2 classic
Windows 8.1 SSD computer with UC Surface, Capture2, and StudioOne2 Producer

8 posts
Page 1 of 1