Includes StudioLive 312Ai, 315Ai 328Ai and SL18sAi
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have two new out of the box 328s that I just brought up with firmware.

The first one i used the dante folder and the speaker did not update. I tried the update only file after, but no help. Lights still rotate around and won't stop.
The second one I used the update only file and it updated with no problems.

What should I do with the first one?

Sound 4-U! reinforcement and mobile recording serving Tulsa and surrounding areas.
Dale Christenson

StudioLive RM32ai
StudioLive RML32ai
CS18ai
MOTU AVB switch
ULT15 x6
ULT18 x2
SL AI328 speakers x4
StudioLive 16.4.2 classic
Windows 8.1 SSD computer with UC Surface, Capture2, and StudioOne2 Producer
by PreSonuSupt2 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:13 am
Use the Dante on it.

The lights will run for a while. Something like 7-10 minutes but when they go all solid and the front light is solid white it is done and both units will be on the same firmware.
by Dale Christenson on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:34 pm
I'm not really setup for Dante.
Anyway, I need them Friday and Saturday so I need them up and running quick.
How do I default them?

Sound 4-U! reinforcement and mobile recording serving Tulsa and surrounding areas.
Dale Christenson

StudioLive RM32ai
StudioLive RML32ai
CS18ai
MOTU AVB switch
ULT15 x6
ULT18 x2
SL AI328 speakers x4
StudioLive 16.4.2 classic
Windows 8.1 SSD computer with UC Surface, Capture2, and StudioOne2 Producer
by PreSonuSupt2 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:52 am
Hey Dale,

Are these the exact instructions that followed? Follow these to the letter and it will reset the firmware on your speakers for you.

***NOTE: Only do this to the speaker in question as each speaker has its own firmware files. Putting incorrect files onto different speakers can damage your unit. ***

1) Look for the zip file attached to this email.

2) You will need to Unzip the folder and find the files inside the containing folder. There should be 4 files present:

- initvars.scr
- recovery.scr
- rootfs.img
- uImage

3) Using a clean USB Flash Drive formatted as FAT32, load the 4 files onto the root of the drive.

4) Power off the speaker and remove the WiFi dongle if it is inserted.

5) Insert the USB flash drive containing the recovery files

6) Then hold down any button on the back of the speaker while powering the speaker on and continue to hold the button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, the button should be released.

7) The Firmware Recovery process will take approximately 10-12 minutes. During this time, the lights on the front and back of the speaker will flash. Once the Firmware Recovery is complete, the lights on the front and back of the speaker will all go solid. At this point, instruct the user to complete the last step:

8) Power off the speaker and remove the USB flash drive. Reinsert the WiFi dongle if it was previously inserted and then power the speaker back on.

At this point, the speaker should have the latest firmware and should boot as normal. Make sure you can pass audio through the speaker and that it sounds as expected. If you are using SL Room Control, verify the correct firmware version shows up in the Speaker Edit Page for the speaker that just received a Firmware Recovery.

Thank you,

4 posts
Page 1 of 1