Forum für allgemeine Fragen und Smalltalk
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I want to use a limiter in a Studio One Project BEFORE I fade out the song, not afterwards. I want the same level of the limiter to remain even when fading out. Is that possible?

Windows 10 64bit, Studio One Pro 6.2.1, Native Instruments Reaktor, Midi Fighter Twister, Presonus Audiobox One.
by klypeman on Mon May 31, 2021 4:33 am
In Project you have inserts on individual tracks as well as Master.

It would be good if you put on your specs like OS, Studio One version, audio device ect. in your signature (See red text below) for future help if needed.
Thank you.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by richardlederer1 on Mon May 31, 2021 5:26 am
It does not matter in which of the 3 sections i put the limiter, it is always processed after the fadeout. I can see in the limiter window that the input signal gets more and more silent, the more the song reaches the end of the fade-out curve.

Windows 10 64bit, Studio One Pro 6.2.1, Native Instruments Reaktor, Midi Fighter Twister, Presonus Audiobox One.
by klypeman on Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:32 am
That’s what a fade-out would do, turning all sound down ? Including the limiter.
I don’t get what you want, you can’t get it both ways.
Maybe you could clarify it a bit.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by SwitchBack on Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:41 am
I think the key question is: What/which fader do you use to create the fadeout?

BTW. I do understand why you want fadeout after limitation: Otherwise the fadeout would pull the signal out of limitation which changes the sound.
by klypeman on Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:20 am
One way is also to do limiting on post in the Song without fade-out on Master and then in Project do the fade-out.
Hope I understand the issue correctly.

Forum Moderator.

by richardlederer1 on Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:47 am
klypeman wroteOne way is also to do limiting on post in the Song without fade-out on Master and then in Project do the fade-out.
Hope I understand the issue correctly.

That's how I am doing it now because I found no other alternative. But that not really the way how mastering should be done, because the limiter should be always the last plugin during mastering because any plugins used while mastering might change the volume of the song.

by richardlederer1 on Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:50 am
SwitchBack wroteI think the key question is: What/which fader do you use to create the fadeout?

BTW. I do understand why you want fadeout after limitation: Otherwise the fadeout would pull the signal out of limitation which changes the sound.

I dont really understand your question. As far as I understood so far, there is no automatization in the project view existing, so how can I use faders there for fade-outs? The only way I see to do it is to pull the right edge of the audio track to make it fade out. If you know any other ways how to do it, please let me know.

by klypeman on Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:14 am
What I do is putting limiter on post in song and fade-out there then adjust the levels and if needed EQ adjustments ++ on the individual Project tracks and if needed overall EQ + Comp++ on the Master in Project.
So I guess that it all comes down to automatisation in Project in the end.
My advice would be: do that in Song before importing into Projects.

Forum Moderator.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1