image description

Studio One Instruments?
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Could anyone tell me how to use S1 Instruments? I drag and drop a preset as a track and have the (virtual keyboard) pop up. I hit record and hit notes but nothing is recorded. Is this only controlled by MIDI? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks................................Natrix
Dell Inspiron 1525 Dual Core, Vista 32-bit, Studio One Pro, Audiobox USB, ,M-Audio Studiophile Monitors.
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Natrix wrote: Could anyone tell me how to use S1 Instruments? I drag and drop a preset as a track and have the (virtual keyboard) pop up. I hit record and hit notes but nothing is recorded. Is this only controlled by MIDI? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks................................Natrix

Have you selected the virtual keyboard as default input device?

Also make sure you have set it up correctly on the track and / or on the instrument.

Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
Natrix
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Dude. Your awsome man. Im on it. thanx
Dell Inspiron 1525 Dual Core, Vista 32-bit, Studio One Pro, Audiobox USB, ,M-Audio Studiophile Monitors.
eike
Preamp
[Avatar]

have you record armed the track?
May the voodoo be with you!
[ StudioOne Developer DSP ]

Performance FAQ
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

eike wrote:have you record armed the track?

@Eike, completely missed that...

Eike, is talking about this (to give it some graphical support):

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

[WWW] [MSN]
Natrix
Prenoob
[Avatar]

I set the default input for QWERTY Keyboard and there is no change. My screen looks identical to your screen shot except for the computer key like window( the small one). When I hit rec. no audio.
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Natrix wrote:I set the default input for QWERTY Keyboard and there is no change. My screen looks identical to your screen shot except for the computer key like window( the small one). When I hit rec. no audio.

You need to have the qwerty keyboard open. Did you create a new external device from the list, using PreSonus Keyboard as template?

[WWW] [MSN]
Natrix
Prenoob
[Avatar]

I have a keyboard that has MIDI I/O on it that I have never used. Would configuring this be easier?
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Natrix wrote:I have a keyboard that has MIDI I/O on it that I have never used. Would configuring this be easier?

Back to the beginning as I'm losing you right now. You have set up your qwery keyboard as default input device right?
Now you need to open the keyboard in S1 (the qwerty keyboard in the first picture).

Open the Mixer, Open the external devices if it's not yet open and double click on the Qwerty keyboard. Pin it, using the Pin button and try again.

It's certainly a lot easier to play on a MIDI keyboard.

[WWW] [MSN]
Natrix
Prenoob
[Avatar]

AAhhhh. That would be the problem Sir. Im crunched on time right now but that will most likely solve my problem. Thanks man. Ill let ya know if I got it going, or not. Thank you for your help. Got you down in my cool book. Thanx bro. Later...................................... Natrix.
Natrix
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Hey, Im back. I work midnights and I have 1 1/2 year old so Im always out of time. I did however just apply those last instructions and...... Bamm....... Im rolling. Thank you for the help. I will pass the knowlege on.................Natrix
James Mobius
Prenoob

Natrix wrote:AAhhhh. That would be the problem Sir. Im crunched on time right now but that will most likely solve my problem. Thanks man. Ill let ya know if I got it going, or not. Thank you for your help. Got you down in my cool book. Thanx bro. Later...................................... Natrix.

thanks so much for this, I'm finally getting somewhere, can actually record virtual instruments at last. qwerty is not the best. guess I gotta pick up a couple of midi cables tomorrow. It took me a lot of poking around this site and youtube to finally get the answer to something so basic it should really be much easier to get going with. I was tearing my hair out.
cyphersuit
Presonic

from my experience with daws studio one is the easiest in this regard...
James Mobius
Prenoob

managed to configure my ancient yamaha psr 270 as a midi controller, why should I have to have the little keyboard cluttering up the screen as well as the big one? seems absurd and pointless to me. also having latency issues, but I haven't researched how to get around those yet.
James Mobius
Prenoob

oh wait, its gone now but the big one is still working! hey, my degree is in Bass, so... :p

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: