image description

HOW DO I IMPORT A BEAT??
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob

OK WHEN I TRY TO IMPORT A FILE IT SAYS THE FORMAT IS NOT SUPPORTED WAV OR MP3. SO HOW DO I PUT A BEAT UP HERE???
MikeRivers
Presonoid
[Avatar]

tyiice wrote:OK WHEN I TRY TO IMPORT A FILE IT SAYS THE FORMAT IS NOT SUPPORTED WAV OR MP3. SO HOW DO I PUT A BEAT UP HERE???

"Here" as on the forum? You don't. You put it on line somewhere where people can download it, and put a link to it here.
Visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com for some useful audio info
"It's much easier to look for a magic solution than it is to adapt to reality." - Allan Sloan
[WWW]
PhilG
Presonoid
[Avatar]

upload to soundcloud - http://www.soundcloud.com

then you can post the embed link straight into a post

http://soundcloud.com/philipgreig/wasabi-let-it-go

the embed post used to work here but not any more some some reason, these forums are pretty broken and have a few bugs at the moment

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 31/03/2011 12:28:38

2 x SL16.4.2's
Audiobox USB
Studio One V2 Pro
/ Rack System
AMD FX-4170 / 16GB DDR3 / Win7x64 / Via 6308FW Onboard
/Mobile System
Toshiba Satellite P200 / 8GB DDR2 / Win7x64 / Ti FW & i7 13" MBP
/Wireless
Ipad v1 16gb - Samsung Galaxy Tab - Asus Black Diamond router

[Email] [WWW] [ICQ]
MikeRivers
Presonoid
[Avatar]

PhilG wrote:.

Think he gets the point? Or maybe he should explain to us old school guys who don't know for sure what "a beat."

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 31/03/2011 12:24:06

Visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com for some useful audio info
"It's much easier to look for a magic solution than it is to adapt to reality." - Allan Sloan
[WWW]
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

tyiice wrote:OK WHEN I TRY TO IMPORT A FILE IT SAYS THE FORMAT IS NOT SUPPORTED WAV OR MP3. SO HOW DO I PUT A BEAT UP HERE???

1) take a deep breath
2) buy a new keyboard, yours seems broken.
3) explain what you are trying to do, have done and what version of S1 you are doing it with
4) wait for an answer and breath
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
tyiice
Prenoob

@Motoko (Deep Breath) I MAKE MY BEATS IN FRUITY LOOPS AND I WANT TO IMPORT MY BEAT IN S1 SO I CAN RAP OVER IT LIKE IN PROTOOLS YOU GO UNDER FILE,IMPORT AND BAMMM UR BEAT IS ON TRACK 1 AND LAY MY LYRICS DOWN....EVERYTIME I TRY TO IMPORT A FILE IT SAYS FILE NOT SUPPORTED BUT IT WILL LET ME IMPORT SHORT CLIPS LIKE MAYBE 30 SECONDS LONG....(EXHALE) HELP ME..
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

tyiice wrote:@Motoko (Deep Breath) I MAKE MY BEATS IN FRUITY LOOPS AND I WANT TO IMPORT MY BEAT IN S1 SO I CAN RAP OVER IT LIKE IN PROTOOLS YOU GO UNDER FILE,IMPORT AND BAMMM UR BEAT IS ON TRACK 1 AND LAY MY LYRICS DOWN....EVERYTIME I TRY TO IMPORT A FILE IT SAYS FILE NOT SUPPORTED BUT IT WILL LET ME IMPORT SHORT CLIPS LIKE MAYBE 30 SECONDS LONG....(EXHALE) HELP ME..

Let's make a deal here, you stop shooting (ie. quit using capslock) and I'll help you out here, but first I'll need more info.

What OS are you working with and what version of S1 are you using. S1 Artist doesn't support MP3 import. There's also some obscure compressed Wav files that S1 will not support (yet). What resolution are you bouncing down your 'beats' in FL?

And I'll ask you politely again, please stop with the shouting. It's very annoying.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/04/2011 06:17:05

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

[WWW] [MSN]
tyiice
Prenoob

man idk wat u talkin bout i jus wanna know why i cant import my beats on the program thats all cause i got protools and its not tht hard on tht program....
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

tyiice wrote:man idk wat u talkin bout i jus wanna know why i cant import my beats on the program thats all cause i got protools and its not tht hard on tht program....

Thank you very much. If I don't know what you are doing, I can't tell you what you are doing wrong. It's very easy. And if you are serious about making music then you should know these basic things.

Studio One Artist will allow you to use any regular wav file in various resolutions, most used resolutions are 16 / 24 / 32 bit and 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz. If you properly bounce your beats from FL Studio to one of the common wav file formats, S1 will gladly accept the track.

Just drag it in from the S1 browser.

If you have Pro, S1 will also take a regular MP3 file.

If this doesn't work for you in any way then you'll have to be more specific. I can assure you there's nothing wrong with the program. So either you're doing something wrong, or there's something wrong with your machine. I don't want to sound harsh, but that's how it is.

Another advice I want to give you, if you don't like dealing with people on the forum, submit a ticket to Technical Support, they're very capable and should help you out in no time.

[WWW] [MSN]
tyiice
Prenoob

thanks man for the advice hey s1 will let me import songs but they are like 30 secs idk why i was just hoping this program was more like the other cause i used pro tool,cakewalk sonar,and cubase and for none of those u have to go through all this just to import a beat...but thanks anywayz.....
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

tyiice wrote:thanks man for the advice hey s1 will let me import songs but they are like 30 secs idk why i was just hoping this program was more like the other cause i used pro tool,cakewalk sonar,and cubase and for none of those u have to go through all this just to import a beat...but thanks anywayz.....

And still I really have no real idea what you are talking about as S1 uses a simple drag an drop system that's a lot faster than most of the other DAWs out there. But if it's not working for you, then good luck with whatever works for you.

Although if you have experience with all those DAWs and you are surprised by questions about audio file resolution, that just makes me wonder.

[WWW] [MSN]
tyiice
Prenoob

BAD LANGUAGE REMOVED

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/04/2011 11:52:34

bossman90
Prenoob

tyiice wrote:REMOVED - WE DO NOT WANT THAT LANGUAGE HERE.

Why are you in the studiolive forum in the first place asking questions about S1. Please go back to the projects where you belong

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/04/2011 12:49:08

Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

tyiice wrote:thanks anyways from all u xXXX at studio live....on another note u all can YYYY .....lls lames ZZZ program...

The program is actually called Studio One, Studio Live is the mixer. Check it out, it's very good.

Lame ZZZ trolls...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/04/2011 12:50:07

[WWW] [MSN]
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

The OP for this threadhas hijacked another thread in StudioLive.

I requested he return here with an apology for his candor and play by the commonly accepted rules of posting here. Times like this I wish I was an admin.
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: