image description

Well Deserved! Congratulations!
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Presonoid
[Avatar]

First, let me say that I have a warm fuzzy feeling about this. THANK YOU PreSonus! If you haven't lately, go to the PreSonus website and check out all of the awards/kudos that have been bestowed on PreSonus products. I may just jump in my car and drive to my local Guitar Center "expert" and give him a big "told you so"!

PreSonus hardware - Your engineers gave us the tools. Outstanding tools! THANK YOU (and especially Jim Odom!). Propeller heads ROCK. Google the product and read the reviews.

PreSonus software - New, upstart DAW that is just kicking butt! The dinosaurs who initially dismissed Studio One are now imitating features. The Devs do listen to requests, and, as and end user, they make me feel that I matter. OMG! THANK YOU! The Voodoo is now in my blood!

PreSonus Support - It's just the best in the industry! Never seen this amount of genuine support for hardware and software product. PERIOD!

Lastly, huge thanks to Rick Naqvi. Thanks for convincing me to try the product.

"Can I get a Witness?".....

Edit....I forgot to mention that the members on this forum are just unbelievable. Evidently the VooDoo makes you want to help your peers. THANKS to YOU!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 30/03/2011 20:28:05

http://support.presonus.com/home

Windows 7 X 32 (SP1) : AMD Phenom II X 4 945
ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM
8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM

PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2, PreSonus FireStudio Project, PreSonus ABVSL 44, PreSonus ABVSL 1818, PreSonus Faderport

Yamaha S-08
Studio partner - Jack Russell named "Skooter"
PreSonus Studio One Professional 2.6.2
Fishman Triple Play / Logidy pedal
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Hey sonny, what's that you're going on about? Press on us?

Get of my lawn!!!!

Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
skip jones
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Not bad, eh?

8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM

PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2, PreSonus FireStudio Project, PreSonus ABVSL 44, PreSonus ABVSL 1818, PreSonus Faderport

Yamaha S-08
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

I don't personally own a StudioLive console but it's a little telling that I see mention of it all over the place and I don't recall ever seeing a really negative impression of it or anything about it. It must be quite a piece of hardware since nothing is typically immune from random Internet bashing.

Curiously enough, I even saw some PT users praising it as a front end for PT. It was curious because some of the same people had previously dismissed the PreSonus standalone pres as not quite worthy ... and I thought (generally speaking, the latest generations of mic pres) were mostly the same pres as in the Studio Live.

Maybe I'm wrong about the pres though, maybe they are different in the console, dunno.

Anyway, it appears to be a "home run" product.
Studio One Tips For Newbs

"So.... Bitwig. I wonder what's queued up next in line on the drama list?"
skip jones
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Sweetwater has a Studiolive/PT9 offering. Strange marriage, but come on over.

8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM

Yamaha S-08
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

skip jones wrote:Sweetwater has a Studiolive/PT9 offering. Strange marriage, but come on over.

I'd file for divorce and get remarried with S1 on a whim...
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
skip jones
Presonoid
[Avatar]

8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM

Yamaha S-08
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

skip jones wrote:Sweetwater has a Studiolive/PT9 offering. Strange marriage, but come on over.

Not really interested in PT9 but please don't tempt me with the Studio Live...

I have a credit line at Sweetwater with no balance and I've been restraining myself pretty well for the last year or so. It doesn't help my plans to avoid buying new gear during a recession when my d8b appears to be gasping for it's final few breaths of life and I have to bypass it anyway to work above 48k.

So don't tempt me. I still have to pay law school tuition this fall for my kid.

No new gear... no new gear.... no new gear... no new gear... no new gear... no new gear....

keys88
Presonic

My local GC has the Studio One Live all set up in the pro audio room. At least last time I was in there a couple of weeks ago.

They also have Studio One in stock on the shelf, right next to Protools.
Didn't realize the Protools box was so small!

Bigger is better

Studio One Professional
Windows 8 x64
i7 950 Gigabyte x58a-UD3R
6Gig Corsair
Qty 4 1TB each Seagate Barracuda
Nvidia GT-240
Roland UM-2G MIDI interface
Delta 66
Faderport, Mackie MCU Pro Control Surface
Event ASP8
KrK K-RoK
Roland RD-700 / Rd-150 keyboards
skip jones
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Shameless Bump

8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM

Yamaha S-08
bigcohoona
Presonic
[Avatar]

I couldn't agree more!

... plus I love your block-art avatar!

~C
"The Art of 'good enough' is often the key to an artisan's success"

--Mac Pro, S1, Ableton, Spectrasonics, NI, Miktek & Blue Mics, Mcpherson & Taylor Guitars, Schroeder's Piano, and a Partridge Family 8-track.
[WWW]
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

bigcohoona wrote:... plus I love your block-art avatar!

~C

I've been looking at that avatar for some time trying to figure out if it's a seashell or something. I like it, I do, ... I just have no idea what it is.

"Block Art". I'll take that.

bigcohoona
Presonic
[Avatar]

LMike wrote:
bigcohoona wrote:... plus I love your block-art avatar!

~C

I've been looking at that avatar for some time trying to figure out if it's a seashell or something. I like it, I do, ... I just have no idea what it is.

"Block Art". I'll take that.

Japanese Block Art depicting a crashing wave with the backdrop of a Seashell. (I had the opportunity to see quite a bit of real block art in Japan... also bought all the US National Park Block Art pieces)... I guess I'm a closet Block Art Aficionado:b

--Mac Pro, S1, Ableton, Spectrasonics, NI, Miktek & Blue Mics, Mcpherson & Taylor Guitars, Schroeder's Piano, and a Partridge Family 8-track.
[WWW]
skip jones
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Thanx on the Avatar. Nautilus with a Japanese artistic touch (due to recent events). Wife actually picked it, it was time to change avatars but stay with the same theme and she nailed it. Good call, Beverly!

Skip

8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM

Yamaha S-08
bigcohoona
Presonic
[Avatar]

skip jones wrote:Thanx on the Avatar. Nautilus with a Japanese artistic touch (due to recent events). Wife actually picked it, it was time to change avatars but stay with the same theme and she nailed it. Good call, Beverly!

Skip

Nice job! That's right "Nautilus"... I could not remember what the name of the shell was.. I see it on every piece of equipment in my gym! You'd think I'd remember it.... so much for remembering short cuts lol!

[WWW]

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: