image description

latency issues
  Forum Index » Studio One Forum Community Support 
Author
Prenoob

hi, i'm currently having what I believe are latency issues. im using pre-sonus firestudio 44khz with a mac. just added 3 gig of ram, actually seemed to be working fine before we added the ram, not sure what the problem is. I also have cubase and garage band, but I am not experiencing the same problems????
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

4fredrickson3 wrote:hi, i'm currently having what I believe are latency issues. im using pre-sonus firestudio 44khz with a mac. just added 3 gig of ram, actually seemed to be working fine before we added the ram, not sure what the problem is. I also have cubase and garage band, but I am not experiencing the same problems????

What are your latency settings on the audio interface? And what issues are you having exactly.
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
4fredrickson3
Prenoob

15.69ms/692 samples-output
27.30ms/1204 samples-input
sample rate 44.1 khz
bit depth 32

the issues include: late response (variation of degrees) crackling, poor clarity. i've noticed that the performance bar is hardly reading if at all when these problems occure. this does'nt happen all the time, only recently that i've added more ram (3gig)
4fredrickson3
Prenoob

also as I've been trouble shooting, along with there not being any bars showing on the performance monitor, i've noticed that just under where it shows 44.1 khz it says 0.0 ms. I checked out a few other artists using studio one and saw that there was good performance and atleast 3.0 or 4.0 ms. could this be the problem? what do these two ratings mean? thanks so much
GMHague
Presonic
[Avatar]

How did you add 3 Gb of ram? RAM usually needs to be in matched pairs and result in an even number (say, 4Gb or 8Gb). So unless you only had 1Gb to start with and now have four, or somehow only had three at first and now have six... And all your RAM needs to be identical and never different brands, etc.

What is your RAM configuration now as far as you believe? Does your OS agree?

What are your system specs?
Barking Dog Studio
Author of "Guerrilla Guide to Recording"
PC Specs: Quad Core i5 760 Intel CPU, 8Gb Ram, 3 dedicated HD's, GeForce 8600 video card, Presonus Firestudio Tube interface. Win 7 64 bit Ultimate O/S.
[WWW]

Forum Index » Studio One Forum Community Support
Go to: