image description

HOW CAN I IMPORT VST PLUG-INS
  Forum Index » Studio One FAQ 
Author
Prenoob

Can anyone help. How do I import VST plug-ins, Abbey-Road plug-ins, into S1 Pro. It does not show in my presets.
Thanks
Abel
ricstudioc
Presonic
[Avatar]

Well - as always, I'm the new guy in town, so take this with a grain of salt but -

It should be as simple as: Go to the menu bar - Studio One/Options/Locations/VST Plugins and add the location(s) of your current VST folder(s). Restart and S1 will do an initial scan..... You should be good to go.

HTH
Ric

"The amazing thing about the dancing bear is not how gracefully it dances - it's that it dances at all."
stoltz
Prenoob

Thank you, I have tried it and it works. Well done !!
djliquid
Prenoob

I had some issues with this as well. It seems a lot (majority) of my plug-ins are 32-bit and just do not load in the 64-bit version? Is this true or am I going through the beer faster than I should?

And when I run the 32-bit version of S1Pro it seems like my plug-ins are now showing up but my M-Audio Axiom 25 controller no longer works (it works in the 64-bit version just fine. It the 64bit version the controller name is highlighted in a yellow box in each instrument. When I press a key in either version the little sideways orange triangle to the left of the MIDI icon lights up but no love, apparently.

FML!! Help, please. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

AMD 3.0ghz 6core
Gigabyte board
Win7 Pro x64
8GB RAM

Thanks in advance from Silicon Valley.
stoltz
Prenoob

Yes, it is true. I have re-installed the 32-bit version of S1pro (previoulsly used the 64-bit). The plug-ins with the presets are now showing, however, I am losing out on the advantage of memory (32-bit only see 3 gig). Cannot comment on M-Audio Axiom 25 controller as I don't use it.
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

djliquid wrote:I had some issues with this as well. It seems a lot (majority) of my plug-ins are 32-bit and just do not load in the 64-bit version? Is this true or am I going through the beer faster than I should?

And when I run the 32-bit version of S1Pro it seems like my plug-ins are now showing up but my M-Audio Axiom 25 controller no longer works (it works in the 64-bit version just fine. It the 64bit version the controller name is highlighted in a yellow box in each instrument. When I press a key in either version the little sideways orange triangle to the left of the MIDI icon lights up but no love, apparently.

FML!! Help, please. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

AMD 3.0ghz 6core
Gigabyte board
Win7 Pro x64
8GB RAM

Thanks in advance from Silicon Valley.

Have you set-up your Axiom in the 32-bit version as well? The 32-bit and 64-bit version act as two separate programs and need their own configuration and set-up.

S1 doesn't have a bit bridge, so you can't use 32-bit plugins on 64-bit version of S1 or vice versa. You can however install both versions on the same machine without issues or install a bit-bridge like JBridge on your machine.
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
djliquid
Prenoob

The Axiom drivers looked the same to me. I will look again today. Yeah, I kinda figured that with the plug-ins. I will look into a bit bridge though. Thank you!
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

djliquid wrote:The Axiom drivers looked the same to me. I will look again today. Yeah, I kinda figured that with the plug-ins. I will look into a bit bridge though. Thank you!

I'm not talking about the drivers, you just need to configure the Axiom in both versions of S1.

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

[WWW] [MSN]
djliquid
Prenoob

of, yeah, I am pretty sure I did set it up correct. I mean in 'Controllers' or whatever it is listed.

The stupid thing is I see the orange MIDI light blink whenever i touch a key or whatever. and I can see in text that it's doing it but the software isn't translating.

I can play synths with the onscreen keyboard so I know that part is working. But it's killing me having like 30 plug-ins in 32-bit and 4 in 64-bit, as of right now.

And no way to play them as I should...
Gotty
Prenoob

S1 Pro doeasn't show my plugins, too!
corngarden
Prenoob
[Avatar]

I'm having the same problem, got pro and some VST's including the core player and EZ drummer but can't find where to put them so S1 can find them...
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Studio One 32-bit only supports 32-bit plugins, 64-bit Studio One only works with 64-bit plugins.

Make sure you have matching bit versions. Install the plugins in an easy to acces folder on Win (c:\vstplugins for example). Go to options, locations, VST plugins. Set the file path to the folder and check scan at startup, click on Clear blacklist. Next use the rescan button in the browser. Vst3 and Mac plugins are installed in default locations, so they should be picked up automatically.

If you are on Win Vista or 7 always run S1 as admin to prevent UAC problems.

[WWW] [MSN]

Forum Index » Studio One FAQ
Go to: