image description

Using 32 bit VST plug-ins in Studio One Pro 64 bit version
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob

Hi!
I like “Studio One Pro v 1.6.1 and I’d like to buy it. Now I have some questions to understand.
I will install the program to Windows 7 64 bit. I have many own VST plug-ins I want to use in “Studio One Pro” But most of them are 32 bit plug-ins. Can “Studio One Pro” (64 bit) run 32-bit VST plug-ins ? If so, can it run 64 bit VST plug-ins together with 32 bit ones (at the same time) ? Is it be able to access more than 4 GB of RAM at a time in that case ? How will memory’s capacity divide ?

Best regards
Ilia Melamed
jonathan
Presonoid
[Avatar]

You cannot run 32bit plug-ins in S1 x64 natively. You need to use something like JBridge (http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/), which many people on the forum are doing successfully. Then, all of the plugs run as 64bit, and have access to whatever amount of memory you have.
Jonathan, Product Manager, PreSonus
MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6/Win 7 x64
Q6600 QuadCore Vista 32-bit/Win 7 x64
jongill04
Prenoob

Does anyone know if there is a way to use the bridge that comes with Logic 9 to do this? I know that is how Logic runs 32 bit VST AU etc. It really sucks not being able to use all the VSTs and running in 32 bit it starts to lag really bad when I start adding multiple tracks and plugins. Where as I run it in 64 its soo smooth but no plugins. With Logic I get best of both worlds but I change between programs alot (Reason 5, Studio One, Logic and sometimes go back to FL Studio on my PC). Well just wondering if anyone knows a solution for Mac to be able to do this.

PS: Sorry didnt mean to snake your post but I felt it was the same problem just for Mac and it would of been dumb to make another topic.

Thanks,
Jon
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

I'm not sure what VSTs you want to bridge, there's a lot of better ones available as 64-bit version nowadays or are very close to release.

As far as I know there's no third party bridge on Mac available. But I'm really curious what you are doing that you have lag and problems on 32-bit. What plugins are you loading?

In practive I find that the most demanding plugins are sample based instruments (like Garritan, EWQL etc) and a couple of the Reverbs. But if you have an access of 4 GB in your machine and you are running on the 64-kernel then S1 should still be able to access the full 4GB of RAM.
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
skiltrip
Presonic
[Avatar]

Is there a tool for Mac like Jbridge? I'd like to start using the 64bit version of Studio One, but I need access to a lot of other plugins I have that are only 32bit.
MacBook Pro 15" - i7 2GHz Quad - 8GB RAM - 750GB - OSX 10.8.4 | Logic Pro X | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

skiltrip wrote:Is there a tool for Mac like Jbridge? I'd like to start using the 64bit version of Studio One, but I need access to a lot of other plugins I have that are only 32bit.

Nope, note yet, but I've heard that JBridge is working on a Mac version.

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

[WWW] [MSN]
Mojave
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Hi,
I have WAVES plug ins, Specifically MAXX BASS which is still all 32 bit. I don't think Waves will be going 64 bit any time soon until PT makes the jump. Can't figure out why they aren't but. there loss, PreSonus's gain. I have Logic 9.1.3 and it runs the Bridge. I kind of dislike it but it's a necessary evil so you can run 64 bit.

On the other hand, Which Plug in that is Native from PreSonus or NI would serve as a good substitute for MAXX BASS?

Thanks
Victor
Mojave™ Ampworks LLC
Vintage Amps Message Forum
Plexi Palace.com
760 515 2578
[Email] [WWW]
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Mojave wrote:Hi,
I have WAVES plug ins, Specifically MAXX BASS which is still all 32 bit. I don't think Waves will be going 64 bit any time soon until PT makes the jump. Can't figure out why they aren't but. there loss, PreSonus's gain. I have Logic 9.1.3 and it runs the Bridge. I kind of dislike it but it's a necessary evil so you can run 64 bit.

On the other hand, Which Plug in that is Native from PreSonus or NI would serve as a good substitute for MAXX BASS?

Thanks
Victor

Waves 64-bit will be available in March when v9 hits the market.

[WWW] [MSN]
Mojave
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Ahh, Very interesting. Thank you. Far past due in my opinion but they do have a LOT of plug in's to get sorted out and no one wants to be left behind.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/01/2012 23:29:28

Mojave™ Ampworks LLC
Vintage Amps Message Forum
Plexi Palace.com
760 515 2578
[Email] [WWW]
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Mojave wrote:Ahh, Very interesting. Thank you. Far past due in my opinion but they do have a LOT of plug in's to get sorted out and no one want's to be left behind.

It's not just the amount of code they have to port, but they also have to make sure each plugins sounds exactly as the 32-bit version without exception, which means a lot of analyzing and testing. They're also going to include a new security system and are moving away from iLok.

[WWW] [MSN]
skiltrip
Presonic
[Avatar]

I'm looking forward to Waves moving to 64 bit, so I can finally use GTR3 in S1 again. For the moment, I've been using Studio Devil VGA II, which is 64 bit, and in many ways, I like it better than GTR3 anyway.

The only other plugins that I have that probably will never make the jump are Miroslav Philharmonik, CSR, M-Tron, and a few others, simply because they are pretty old. So I doubt they'll ever be caught up. Hopefully a 3rd party bitbridge will be available soon for Mac so I have some sort of lifeline to those older plugins.
MacBook Pro 15" - i7 2GHz Quad - 8GB RAM - 750GB - OSX 10.8.4 | Logic Pro X | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
dominicperry
Prenoob

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 19/10/2012 12:01:44

Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

dominicperry wrote:What have I misunderstood here? The only 64 bit version of Studio One is Studio One Pro, which is 64 bit and switches automatically to 32bit for 32bit plugins.
Is the question about Studio One v1 Pro? Is this still available to buy? Even if it is, the cheapest option, rather than buy all new or upgraded versions of expensive plugs like Waves is probably to move to Studio One v2 Pro. Isn't it?

Dominic

All versions are available in 64-bit format (Artist, Producer and Professional). The 32-bit versions of S1 support only 32-bit plugins and the 64-bit only supports 64-bit plugins.

Only Pro has an option to run the internal engine at 64-bit precision.

The cheapest option to achieve what? Waves make good plugins, so do many other developers is all sorts of price ranges. Some of the free plugins are very good too. You'll need Producer or Professional to use 3rd party plugins.

[WWW] [MSN]
dominicperry
Prenoob

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 19/10/2012 12:01:55

Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

dominicperry wrote:Ah, well in that case I am (a) wrong and (b) have no idea which version I'm running! I also have no idea how to find out whether I'm using a 32 or 64 bit version. But I'll try to find out. In the mean time, ignore me, at least on the subject of plugins.

Dominic

Check the bottom of the startpage:

[WWW] [MSN]

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: