image description

"License hasn't been issued for this computer!"
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Longtime lurker here, Presonus fanboy for sure, 1st post though.

About 2 weeks ago, I swapped out my OS hard drive and also upgraded from Win XP to Win 7 64bit, I went through the tedious process of loading all the software programs and drivers. This is a "music only" computer.

I had been working with Studio One Pro 2-8 hours a day for the past 2 weeks but yesterday evening, I decided to d/l drivers for my Line 6 PODxt Live. After this task, I fired up Studio One only to receive this message:

"The License has not been issued for this Computer!"

I realize that any time there is a major change in hardware (like my new OS HD) that you need to use up another License authorization but for the past 2 weeks I've been d/l'ing many, many drivers. Why would only the Line 6 drivers invalidate my License authorization? Thank God for System Restore! Had to back out the L6 drivers and my license is good again but I would like to use L6 Edit on my POD.

Any thoughts?
ADK tower 2.8GHz Quad Core; Win 7 64-bit; Studio One Pro
ADK laptop 2.53Ghz i5; Win 7 64-bit; Studio One Artist
Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2
Presonus FireStudio Mobile
Presonus DigiMax FS
IK Multimedia T-RackS Deluxe
ToonTracks EZ Drummer
Audacity
PG Music Band in a Box
Line 6 PODxt Live
Line 6 Variax
Taylor T5
Taylor 314ce
Bose L1
Alfalfa
Prenoob

I had that happen with my laptop when I hadn't changed any hardware at all. I used up another of my authorization codes to reauthorize, but haven't seen it again - yet.
tomshannon246
Prenoob
[Avatar]

I had it happen with my laptop, too. Yesterday's incident occurred on my tower unit at home.

My laptop is part of my "on location/mobile" recording rig (I record 30-40 school concerts each school year). I just happened to turn on my laptop before a concert to set up a concert template in Studio One Artist and I got the unauthorized license message. Because I was at home, I logged on to Presonus and downloaded another authorization. But it that makes me nervous every time I boot up at a school without the ability to go online.

I've thought about downloading another authorization to a jump drive and carry it with me to concerts...just in case!?!

Tom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/01/2011 02:12:07

ADK tower 2.8GHz Quad Core; Win 7 64-bit; Studio One Pro
ADK laptop 2.53Ghz i5; Win 7 64-bit; Studio One Artist
Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2
Presonus FireStudio Mobile
Presonus DigiMax FS
IK Multimedia T-RackS Deluxe
ToonTracks EZ Drummer
Audacity
PG Music Band in a Box
Line 6 PODxt Live
Line 6 Variax
Taylor T5
Taylor 314ce
Bose L1
Jaroslaw
Prenoob

Hi!

I got the same problem but it happens when i switch of the internet connection, then message pops out. S1 is activated only on one machine, I downloaded the license file but it doesn't help...It's a bit of a problem couse sometimes I need to use my computer in other places in which is no internet connection.

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: