image description

Firestudio Project dropouts (Windows 7 64-bit, Intel DG33FB, 4GB RAM), help?
  Forum Index » FireStudio Forum Community Support 
Author
Prenoob

Hey all,

I'm having issues with my Firestudio Project. I was a pretty earlier adopter, and used to run the Firestudio Project with an AMD / nForce based system (which I know is a big, "No No" - but for what I was doing at the time, performance was acceptable). I've now "upgraded" to a Core 2 Duo system based on an Intel DG33FB. Performance on playback is WAY better, now more freezing tracks for me!

However, while recording sometimes the audio will just drop out and not comeback (that what is being recorded will drop out, not the cue mix). I use Cubase 5, with a UAD2 Duo card. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Josh
Jason.Harris
Presonoid

Check that you have the Legacy Fix for Firewire by checking your Device Manager > IEEE 1394 OHCI Controller.

information on how to perform the fix is here:

Go to "Device Manager >> IEEE1394 bus host controllers." Then, Right-click on the firewire card you are using and then left-click "properties >> driver tab >> update driver >> browse my computer >> select from list >> select legacy >> Next."

After this, restart your computer and you should be good. If you have any other questions, please reply to this email.

Thanks!

Jason

Revedu
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Hi Jason:

According your recommendation :
Check that you have the Legacy Fix for Firewire by checking your Device Manager > IEEE 1394 OHCI Controller.

I have checked in my Device Manager and there is no "Legacy " on the list......Any suggestion???

Computer: Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz/ 3MB
HD: (2) 320 GB / 7200 RPM (Samsung)
Motherboard: INTEL DG45ID
Memory: DDR2 RAM 8GB (Kingston)
PreSonus FireStudio Project
PreSonus FireStudio Tube
PreSonus BlueTube DP
PreSonusFadeport PreSonus HP-4
Jason.Harris
Presonoid

Try this:

Go to "Device Manager >> IEEE1394 bus host controllers."
Then, Right-click on the firewire card you are using and then left-click "properties >> driver tab >> update driver >> browse my computer >> select from list >> select legacy >> Next."

cheers,

Jason

Revedu
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Thanks Jason!!, Legacy driver installed and works fine. Just one problem, I have a Firestudio Project and a Firestudio Tube (Daisy Chain). When I use the master unit the system works fine….but when I connect the second/slave unit (Firestudio Tube) the system has a lot of noise and drop outs.?!?!?!?!...it´s impossible to work.

My computer has 8 Gb RAM and Intel Core 2 Duo (E7200) 2.66 GHz/ 3MB, What happened here??
PreSonus FireStudio Tube
PreSonus BlueTube DP
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

Run some of the DPC tools on your system and see if maybe some streamlining will get you where you need to be.

My system has similar specs to yours and I had to tweak the crap out of it.
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]
Revedu
Prenoob
[Avatar]

My problem has been solved in some way. I moved into Cubase 4 (32Bit) @ Windows 7 (64 Bit), but I have some clicks when I connect the second unit (Firestudio Tube). Just one unit working is Ok!, but both units = clicks

Must the Buffer can affect the perfomance when two units are conected (Daisy Chain)??

Also changed from Intel Core 2 Duo to Intel Core 2 Quad.....big difference!!

I think I am almost solving my problems and waking up from this nigthmare.......some tips to finally solve it??

PreSonus FireStudio Tube
PreSonus BlueTube DP

Forum Index » FireStudio Forum Community Support
Go to: