image description

Firestudio Mobile - flashing red and blue light
  Forum Index » FireStudio Forum Community Support 
Author
Prenoob

My firestudio mobile was working just fine on my old macbook pro. I recently replaced it with an iMac, and installed the drivers from the presonus website, and now the device won't sync. It gets recognized and levels come up for barely a second, until it just starts flashing again. I uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled them, reinstalled legacy drivers, all that- none of it's working. I even plugged in an old firebox, and got no luck with that. This is a problem, as I only bought the interface last year. Can anyone help?
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

When you put on the latest drivers did you do a firmware update as well? Give it a shot. Might get you rolling again.

Also check your firewire cable. Weird possibility but it may be at fault as well.
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]
jlevitin92
Prenoob

It won't let me do a firmware update because universal control doesn't show anything when its open. The computer doesn't recognize the interface at all. I tried it on two firewire cables, both which worked with my external hard drive, and both did not work.
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

Will it still work on the old MBPro? If so, put the latest drivers on it and then use it to upgrade the firmware. Then try it on the new mac.
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]
Jujawa
Prenoob

I am having exactly the same problem. I just bought a new firestudio mobile and downloaded the Mac OS drivers off this website. I installed the drivers, restarted the computer, turned the computer off, connected the firestudio mobile (using an 800 to 400 adapter), and got the flashing red and blue light thing. Universal Control has no options just like the above poster. I retried installing and uninstalling the drivers multiple times. Then I tried connecting to my friends Macbook with the same FW cable and it worked fine with the same drivers off this site. I updated the firmware (per the post above) and tried yet again on my iMac with no luck. Still getting the flashing blue/red light. This is a brand new imac and brand new firestudio mobile, got both for Christmas. I've done all the updates I can for the iMac. Anyone have any more ideas?
bikarbonat
Prenoob

Did you upgrade OSX to the latest 10.6.6? Cause I just did that and now my Firestudio Mobile is just flashing also. Guessing the drivers dont support it yet?
bikarbonat
Prenoob

Got my Mobile working again.. Pulled the AC adapter and plugged it in with using firewire bus power only, and that did the trick. For me at least
Jujawa
Prenoob

Yeah i have upgraded to 10.6.6. Using bus power only (mine did not come with an AC adapter anyways, just a card saying I could get one free in the mail if desired. Even if the computer is off the light still flashes blue and red. Tried reinstalling drivers multiple times. When I check my firewire port under"About this Mac" heading nothing shows up at all. Any more ideas?
bikarbonat
Prenoob

You could try and install with the 10.6.6 combo install and see if that fixes anything. I did that too, dont know if that actually helped also, but maybe.
And then reinstalling the drivers again maybe.
anoxxi
Prenoob

FIRE STUDIO MOBILE FLASHING RED BLUE LIGHT ..... I installed the universal control software of Presonus web site and ran the universal control and

I clicked on clock source TAB and changed it From

FireStudio Mobile =SPDIF TO FireStudio Mobile=Master

and immediately the flashing RED Blue Light Stopped.
My set up is Imac Mac OS X Version 10.6.7
blgrace
Prenoob
[Avatar]

jlevitin92 wrote:My firestudio mobile was working just fine on my old macbook pro. I recently replaced it with an iMac, and installed the drivers from the presonus website, and now the device won't sync. It gets recognized and levels come up for barely a second, until it just starts flashing again. I uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled them, reinstalled legacy drivers, all that- none of it's working. I even plugged in an old firebox, and got no luck with that. This is a problem, as I only bought the interface last year. Can anyone help?

Does the device show up in Audio Midi Settings.app?
Is the sync source set to "internal" or "SPDIF" ?
Hackintosh ,Q6600, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.7
Hackintosh, i7 2600k, 16GB RAM OS X 10.9

FireStudio Mobile
Axiom Pro 49
Logic Studio
mhalati
Prenoob

has anyone fixed this? i am having the same issue. I have MAC OS X 10.6.6, Logic 9 and Presonus Firestudio Project. I set everything up a few weeks ago and it was working fine. I then tried to install a melodyne plugin and since then my computer doesn't recognize the Firestudio audio interface. I get the same red and blue flashing light. I have uninstalled melodyne, uninstalled and re-intsalled the firestudio drivers and still nothing works. I have checked the firewire cables as well, then work fine with my external harddrive so that is not the issue. I have been working on this for about 5 hours and cant figure out what else to do. any help would be hugely appreciated.
abernardi
Prenoob

Me too, though I'm having the problem with the Inspire mic preamp. I wonder if it's the same problem?
david pearson
Prenoob

Mine was working a few minutes ago, the macbook power ran out before i could plug in the AC power adapter into the laptop- although the firestudio mobile was powered by its own ac adapter it came up with an error, upon restart of the mac saying it didnt shut down properly. now red and blue flashing on the mobile device, shows in the sound preferences on the mac, shows in studio one pro but doesnt work!

phub03
Prenoob

I'm having the same problem. OSX 10.6.8 MacBook Pro, FireStudio Mobile, Universal Control 1.2; Tech Support has gone completely dark. Just flashing red/blue; Opening Universal Control opens nothing; Just the Menu bar. Audio Devices (MIDI) does not see the device. I've followed the manual removal process to remove all the drivers and reinstallation and I get the same problem. I tried a completely different computer and I get the same exact behavior. I've only had this thing for about 3 weeks. My first and maybe my last experience with PreSonus. Too bad, I was digging StudioOne. What bothers me the most is that Tech Support is Non-existent. Just forked out $300.00 for a paper weight. I guess all those hate posts about PreSonus drivers were right. How do companies like this stay in business? Or are we just the unfortunate few who have these problems? Very Frustrating.

Forum Index » FireStudio Forum Community Support
Go to: