image description

Rescan VST folder
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Presonic
[Avatar]

I have turned off "Scan at startup". How do I manually rescan the VST folder to display new VSTs?
Studio One v2.6 Professional x64
Windows 8 x64
Intel i7 3.40GHz, 12GB RAM, 2TB + 3TB HDD
Steinberg UR22
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

fnordbak wrote:I have turned off "Scan at startup". How do I manually rescan the VST folder to display new VSTs?

You don't. If you want to scan for new plugins, enable the scan at startup and restart. There's already a FR for manual rescan of plugins while S1 remains open. But it wouldn't help to have more people request this
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
ctyler
Prenoob

Hi...
I was just looking how to do this today after upgrading to Pro the other night.

A manual rescan/scan ability would be very nice.

Thanks
Chris
Scoox
Presonic
[Avatar]

In the media browser if you right-click you get a one-item context menu that reads "Refresh", but it does nothing.

Actually a lot of DAWs are rubbish and require the user to close and re-start the DAW. Cubase works like this, at the moment Presonus S1 works this way too. Reaper can do manual re-scans.

I hope this feature gets implemented.
My feature wishlist:
1. Automation clips
2. Ability to (optionally) undo everything, inc. plugin and mixer knob/fader/buttons, add/remove insert, add/remove plugin, etc...
3. Mixer snapshots
4. Wraparound slide audio items like in Reaper
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Scoox wrote:

In the media browser if you right-click you get a one-item context menu that reads "Refresh", but it does nothing.

It does refresh the tab you are on at that point. So if you've added files to a folder, clicking refresh on the file tab on that folder will refresh and show the new files.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/08/2011 13:31:47

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

[WWW] [MSN]
Scoox
Presonic
[Avatar]

Motoko wrote:
Scoox wrote:

It does refresh the tab you are on at that point. So if you've added files to a folder, clicking refresh on the file tab on that folder will refresh and show the new files.

If I install a new VST or manually add the .dll to the VST folder, refreshing does nothing afaik. Am I missing something here?
My feature wishlist:
1. Automation clips
2. Ability to (optionally) undo everything, inc. plugin and mixer knob/fader/buttons, add/remove insert, add/remove plugin, etc...
3. Mixer snapshots
4. Wraparound slide audio items like in Reaper
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Scoox wrote:
Motoko wrote:
Scoox wrote:

If I install a new VST or manually add the .dll to the VST folder, refreshing does nothing afaik. Am I missing something here?

It will not pick up VSTs as they have to be valided, but files (presets etc) will be picked up, sorry I wasn't clear.

[WWW] [MSN]

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: