image description

Mixdown to MP3 (Studio One Artist)
  Forum Index » Studio One FAQ 
Author
Prenoob

I want to mix down to MP3

The Studio One Reference Manual (Section 9.9.3 - 'Format') says that I can mixdown to Wave, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis or MP3.
However the actual choice within my copy of Studio One Artist is: Wave, AIFF, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis. i.e. no MP3 option!

Does anyone know how can I mixdown to MP3?

Thanks!
Dell Inspiron 560 PC
Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Pentium Dual Core E5400, 2.7GHz, 4 Gb RAM
Studio 1 Artist
Audiobox USB
M-Audio Radion 49 MIDI Keyboard
Behringer C-1 Condenser Microphone
Ibanez ATK300 Bass
Behringer BXL3000A Amp
Boss ME-50B Multi Effects
Line 6 JM4 Looper
[Email]
Kahlbert
Presonificator
[Avatar]

As far as I remember, MP3 is included only in the Pro version.

Obviously there are plenty free converters available out there so you can export to WAV and convert to MP3 afterwards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 30/12/2010 16:36:11

[WWW]
sunmachine
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Kahlbert wrote:As far as I remember, MP3 is included only in the Pro version.

Good memory

Here's a comparison chart between Artist and Pro where you can look up all the differences between the two:
http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/4850.page
[WWW]
Martes3
Prenoob

How can I mix two o more tracks into a Wav file, I used S Artist I so far I can export in wav format but all the channels in separate ways

How can I get a wav file within all the music together in one file?

Thanks
Seba
Bob Okamoto
Prenoob

Hi, I am also having trouble mixing down the audio file. We have a song recorded and EQed. I go to "Song" and "mixdown. . ." and select "wav," "start/end markers," and "main out." Once I get the wav. file, there is no audio. What do I need to do to have the wav file play.

Equipment:

StudioLive 16.4.2 w/ Studio One Artist
IMac, I believe the operating system is OSX

I know that S1 Artist cannot create mp3s. I am trying to create a wav and use Itunes to covert.
[Email]
Bob Okamoto
Prenoob

I found the problem--hopefully this will help someone else.

I noticed that the Main virtual fader was not outputing any signal even though the tracks were playing and their individual faders were showing signal. If you click the right-facing arrow on the individual faders, it will bring up 2 boxes to the right of the fader. If you click in the right side box, you can set it to Main Out. You have to do this for each track. The Main fader should start showing a signal after that.

After that, everything should be fine. Go to "Song--mixdown audio file," adjust your settings and you're done. We have been converting the wav. files to mp3 using Itunes.
[Email]
unclejason
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Do a Google search and you'll find a lot of free WAV to MP3 converters out there. Some of them are trials and make you pay after a certain period. Also, if you have the upgraded version of WINAMP, it has a converter.

Or just upgrade to S1 Pro. Took me a few months to make the jump but I'm glad I did.
Jason Stallworth (Uncle Jason)
Tampa, FL
http://www.jasonstallworth.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/jasonstallworth
http://www.soundcloud.com/jasonstallworth

Gear:
Studio One Pro 2
Presonus AudioBox Interface
Toshiba Satellite L555, AMD Dual Core, 4GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, Windows 7
KRK Rokits G5 Monitors
AKG (extremely old but still good) phones
Samson C01 Condenser Mic (need a better mic!)

ESP M1000 Deluxe (my main axe)
Ibanez RG1570
Dean 5 string bass (want a new/better one)
POD HD500
[Email] [WWW]
MR4Y
Presonoid

Audacity can do that, using the LAME converter you can download for free.
HP G42 | AMD Athlon II P340 | 2Gb RAM | HD 320 Gb | Windows 7 Home Basic x64
Presonus Studio One Artist 2.0.4 x86 | MAGIX Samplitude Silver Soundcloud Edition
Line 6 POD XT Live

How can anyone call something so divisive a community?
[WWW] [MSN]
raygoza_raul
Prenoob

Bob Okamoto wrote:I found the problem--hopefully this will help someone else.

I noticed that the Main virtual fader was not outputing any signal even though the tracks were playing and their individual faders were showing signal. If you click the right-facing arrow on the individual faders, it will bring up 2 boxes to the right of the fader. If you click in the right side box, you can set it to Main Out. You have to do this for each track. The Main fader should start showing a signal after that.

After that, everything should be fine. Go to "Song--mixdown audio file," adjust your settings and you're done. We have been converting the wav. files to mp3 using Itunes.

This was very helpful, it solve my problem thanks Bob Okamoto!
oceanestars
Prenoob

hi i am a biginner at recording and i have studio one and i don't have the pro version but i don't know how to put my song somewhere like i save my file but its the format .song and when i put wave (i know how to convert from wave to mp3) they saud nothing to export please set up your marker and loop so what do i have to do to have my file into wave HELP ME PLEASE
petrus970419
Prenoob

Can anyone help me? I just hear the vocals on the right side of my headphones and the music in both sides
tgerbert
Prenoob

oceanestars & petrus970419

Your questions are far too broad - I suggest you have a look at the User Manual (click Help menu in Studio One, then click Contents), read through it and report back with more specific questions if you're still having trouble. I've personally read it cover-to-cover - ultimately it takes less time to read the manual than it does to go searching around on the Internet at each step in the process.

As for everybody else, concerning WAV -> MP3 conversion:

I have been using the program avconv, which is part of LibAV (www.libav.org). There are pre-build binaries for Windows - no such luck for Mac, but maybe the source code will compile easily.

Converting from WAV to MP3 is a simple command line:

Where,
-f - Format
-acodec - Audio CODEC used for encoding
-ar - Audio sample Rate, e.g. 48000 or 44100
-ab - Audio Bit rate, e.g. 128k, 192k, 256k
-ac - number of Audio Channels (2 for stereo)
pchettri
Prenoob

My mixdown to wav file does not play in media player and VLC plays blank record. I got Studio one with Presonous and it does not have project menu. Mixdown is there but it is not playing converted file in any player,,

Can anyone help in this
tgerbert
Prenoob

pchettri wrote:My mixdown to wav file does not play in media player and VLC plays blank record. I got Studio one with Presonous and it does not have project menu. Mixdown is there but it is not playing converted file in any player,,Can anyone help in this

That's a very broad question, and the answer is going to be a little bit more involved than "click this button, and voila!" How familiar are you with Digial Audio Workstations (DAW), and digital audio recording/processing, in general?

I suggest you first have a read through the user manual, pay particular attention to sections 5 and 9 (9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.7 and 9.10 will probably be of particular interest), but it's worth reading the whole thing.

As for your problem...

Are you using "Export Mixdown (CTRL-E)" or "Export Stems (CTRL-SHIFT-E)"?

In the "Export Mixdown" dialog, what have you selected for "Format", "Export Range", and "Output"?

Can you hear your mix correctly when you play it back in Studio One?

In your mixer console, where are your tracks' output set to?

Do you have any tracks, busses or outputs muted or soloed?

Are you using any bus or FX channels, or any sends?

Is your audio I/O setup correctly? (see section 4.3 in the manual)
scottyo7
Presonic
[Avatar]

Hey guys, you may get more (and selective) help if you state your S1 version and PC spec's in "your signature" (see mine at bottom).

pchettri:
Since you state you have no "Project Menu" that means you don't have the "Professional" version.
And if you have the "Artist" version which doesn't support mp3, unfortunately you're chasing your tail.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/10/2013 10:57:00

ASUS G75VX, i7 3820QM, 16GB Ram, 2 Samsung 840 256GB SSD's; Win8.1 64; Thunderbolt-Firewire 800 converter (TI chipset).
S1P 2.6.1; PreSonus FP10; EZdrummer 1.3.2, 64; Alchemy 1.55 64. Melodyne Editor 64 - 2.1.2; Izotope Alloy 2 & Ozone 5.
Carvin, ESP, Ibanez & Martin guitars.
Roland Fantom S; Rode NT1; SM58. Line 6 POD HD500 & POD XT-Live. BBE 422A; KRK Rokit 8 Powered Studio Monitors.
Band site: https://soundcloud.com/2guyzinabasement
[WWW]

Forum Index » Studio One FAQ
Go to: