image description

Error Code - 39 was returned by the audio driver
  Forum Index » StudioLive General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob

Hi,

I've had my SL-16 for two weeks now. I love it, I mean a mixer with a built-in sound card, great idea.
I used to have a fire studio project 10x10, but I always struggled with the lack of channels at my disposal, of course back then it was enough. No problems of any kind (FS 10x10), except for the one mention before.
So I record 2 tracks (with the SL 16)for a test on a funeral (by the way I work for a church) everything goes fine, except for the crackling noise, I though it was the gain, but check it 5 times it was fine, so I uninstall the driver and reinstall it, and trying again, but this time with a 16 channels, everything goes great, no crackilng noise. So I take just the Macbook pro home to work with the audio, connected to my old FS 10x10 and I find out that the crackling noise was back, so I take the Macbook Pro back to the church and connected to the SL 16, but every time that I press play show "Error Code - 39 was returned by the audio driver" and stop the playback. but if I played with out the SL 16 just with the native core driver or internal speakers and the SL 16 disconnected, played fine.
I don't know what else to do.
Any ideas?
Eli
ProXteo
Prenoob

ProXteo wrote:Hi,

I've had my SL-16 for two weeks now. I love it, I mean a mixer with a built-in sound card, great idea.
I used to have a fire studio project 10x10, but I always struggled with the lack of channels at my disposal, of course back then it was enough. No problems of any kind (FS 10x10), except for the one mention before.
So I record 2 tracks (with the SL 16)for a test on a funeral (by the way I work for a church) everything goes fine, except for the crackling noise, I though it was the gain, but check it 5 times it was fine, so I uninstall the driver and reinstall it, and trying again, but this time with a 16 channels, everything goes great, no crackilng noise. So I take just the Macbook pro home to work with the audio, connected to my old FS 10x10 and I find out that the crackling noise was back, so I take the Macbook Pro back to the church and connected to the SL 16, but every time that I press play show "Error Code - 39 was returned by the audio driver" and stop the playback. but if I played with out the SL 16 just with the native core driver or internal speakers and the SL 16 disconnected, played fine.
I don't know what else to do.
Any ideas?
Eli

Update:
I also noticed that if I use Logic Pro 9 as a third party plug-in, the noise is really loud so I have to reduce the gain almost to zero on the SL 16, and sometimes it doesn't even work (meaning that I'm not able to hear anything from the speakers, even with the gain all the way up). If I disconnect the fire wire return, almost everything goes back to normal, except for the volume. For some reason, since I bought the SL 16, I have to push the gain up really high to get some volume. So it's really different from the sound craft I have at home.
Question: Do I need to return the SL 16 to Guitar Center and exchange it for a new one?
Thanks in advance,
Eli
jward
Prenoob
[Avatar]

That's a really odd one. I did some research and it seems to happen in Logic a bit. Here is what I have found:

Type -39 error (Logical End-of-file reached during read operation)

The Macintosh was expecting a marker to show it where the end of the file is on the disk. That marker is either missing or is in the wrong place. A crash is the most common cause, however a disk error or corrupt file can also cause this.

Solutions: Recovering the file frequently fixes the problem. If it does not, make a clone of a backup, open the clone and try to import from the file that is giving the -39 error message.
In other applications, using an Import or Insert command from inside a new document frequently works around the problem. You also might move/copy the file to another volume.
Jonathan Ward
Technical Support
www.presonus.com
jward@presonus.com
[WWW]

Forum Index » StudioLive General Discussion
Go to: