image description

Can I import an mp3 into my s1 project
  Forum Index » Digital Audio Recording 
Author
Prenoob

I am trying to record a vocal track with a instrumental mp3 song that I have in my computer. How do I import that mp3 file iknto my s1 project?

I am using Studio One Artist which came with the Audio Box USB that I just purchsed.

- adrian
sunmachine
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Try to drag the mp3 file from the file browser to the arrange area of your song. You can use both the internal file browser of Studio One and the file browser of your operating system for this.
For projects it should work the same.
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | Mac OS X 10.6 | Studio One 2 Professional, 32 Bit
Sonic Core SCOPE | Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz | Windows XP@8 GB Compact Flash Card
tc electronic Impact Twin | novation Remote 61SL Mk II

Get 5 GB free GOBBLER space in the cloud for your DAW projects! For Mac and PC
[WWW]
eike
Preamp
[Avatar]

artist has no mp3
May the voodoo be with you!
[ StudioOne Developer DSP ]

Performance FAQ
Jason.Harris
Presonoid

Studio One Artist does not have MP3 Support. Upgrade to Studio One Pro for additional functionality and a ton more content!

Thanks,

alove5310
Prenoob

Hello, This is my first post on the forum and I had an idea that may help with this issue. I understand that S1 saves the files that it uses as a WAV file. If you were to convert the mp3 file to a wav file using one of the downloadable converters, S1 may be able to recognize it and you may be able to use the Kareoke file to sing with. I plan on trying this method myself when time allows. I hope that this helps. Let me know how it goes.
Tony
Jason.Harris
Presonoid

you are correct! any converter software that creates .wav files can create Wav's that you can use in Studio One!

Cheers,

Jason

Julia B
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Load the MP3 into Audacity and export as .wav. 16 bit 44.1 kHz
Creation Station 400 Sweetwater Intel i7 Sandy Bridge 3.4 GHz
16 GB Ram
C:\ 500 GB Seagate 7200 rpm
D:\ 1 TB Seagate 7200 rpm
F: \ : 1 TB WD Caviar Black 7200 rpm SATA Libraries
Win 7 Home Premium 64 SP1
Focusrite Saffire6 USB

Studio One Pro 2.6.2; Pro Tools 8.0.5; Cubase 7

Sugarbytes Cyclop, Arturia V Collection, Ivory II, EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Plus, EWQL VOP, EWQL Symphonic Choirs, Komplete 9, AEON, Evolve, Evolve Damage, Evolve Mutations, Alicia's Keys, MOTU Ethno-Instrument, Addictive Drums, Yellow Tools Candy, Garritan JABB3, GPO4, Vir2 Electri6ity, Omnisphere, Stylus, Reason 6.5, Sony Soundforge 10, Miroslav Philharmonic & Choir, Waves Gold bundle, Maserati Bundle, Vocal Rider, Melodyne Editor, Sibelius.

Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

tyiice wrote:I MEAN IN PROTOOLS U HIT TWO BUTTONS AND BAMM THERES UR BEAT.......

Dude seriously, stop cross posting and buy a new keyboard. Your capslock is stuck.

You just posted 7 messages with utter nonsense all over this board. The willingness to help you out drops with every new post. I know you might be frustrated, but there always something like staying polite, respectful and acting mature. I've replied to some of these messages. Let's get this solved in the original thread and please stop spamming the forums.
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
aurellio
Prenoob

sunmachine wrote:Try to drag the mp3 file from the file browser to the arrange area of your song. You can use both the internal file browser of Studio One and the file browser of your operating system for this.
For projects it should work the same.
aurellio
Prenoob

how i get instrumental to work on studio 1 [wmv]
kg4lod
Prenoob

Jason.Harris wrote:Studio One Artist does not have MP3 Support. Upgrade...

...and why not? Seems like a stupid move to prevent people from importing / exporting data. Before someone will want to upgrade, they have to like the experience of using the software. It isn't good enough to just brag about how "easy to use" it is. Because your software isn't easy to use if, before you even get *started*, your procedure looks like this:

Step 1. Install a competing product (Audacity, et. al.)

Step 2. Learn how to use the competing product effectively (import, align/edit, convert/export)

Step 3. ...wait, this competing package is great (freely available, built-in MP3 support, easy-to-use), why was I trying to export again?

I think you see the problem. Learn from Google's greatness. They make it so unbelievably easy to give them your data (they almost pay you cash for it). Then you get hooked.

Not one single user is going to upgrade from Artist to Pro to avoid having to use an external MP3-Wav converter. Not one. Upgrades come from actual "pro" features (like mastering). This is all downside for you.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Friedman, PhD
CircuitHub, Inc.
cristofe
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Jonathan Friedman, PhD

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon Processors, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2
HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz Processor, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro
HP Compaq NC6320 Laptop Intel Core2Duo 2.0Ghz Processor 3GB RAM Win7 Ult
Dell Latitude E4310 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz Processor 4GB RAM Win7 Pro x32

Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & FP10 Firewire, Steinberg MI4 USB, Line 6 Toneport GX & PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's

DAWS/VST Hosts: S1 Professional, Plogue Bidule, Xlutop Chainer, Sieb VSTHost & Savihost

Hardware Synthesizers: Roland SH-32 & XV-3080 RedSound Darkstar XP2, Novation X-Station, Yamaha AN200, M-Audio Venom

Hardware Controllers: JL Cooper CS-10 Control Surface, Yamaha EZ-EG, Dillion Les Paul style acoustic electric guitar with Roland GK-3 pickup and GI-20 converter.

The Rest: Guitars, Amps, Stompboxes, Mics, Outboard Gear, VST plugins...too much to list!
[WWW]
msoucy
Presonic

kg4lod wrote:
Jason.Harris wrote:Studio One Artist does not have MP3 Support. Upgrade...

...and why not? Seems like a stupid move to prevent people from importing / exporting data. Before someone will want to upgrade, they have to like the experience of using the software. It isn't good enough to just brag about how "easy to use" it is. Because your software isn't easy to use if, before you even get *started*, your procedure looks like this:

CircuitHub, Inc.

Why a stupid move? If you only need X functionality and are on a budget *and* you *read* about the product you would know what is supported, or even read the support forum of the product. Some people need X, some X and Y and others require X, Y and Z because a) they can afford it and b) they need this functionality. Simple as that. Ableton Live does the same thing, they have Lite, Standard and Suite, each with increasing functionality at a cost. I am on the fence if I will move to Live 9 Suite when it is out, but I get Max4Live included in Suite (not in Standard) and additional samples/effects and maybe new instruments. I have Live 8 Suite and NI Komplete 8 and now Studio One V2 so I think I have enough toys to mess with and create havoc in music.
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
jruder
Prenoob

Just to jump in (my first post!)

I have to agree - I am not going to upgrade just to be able to import MP3 files. I AM going to upgrade for additinoal sound packs, instruments and functionality (I am even OK with not being able to export to MP3...I think...) - but if somebody can do something using a free converter AND your software knows how to do it and it is just a simple flag in it, then let your users do that.

I am really liking S1 and although I am in the phase where I am testing several out (I am running the Artist that came with my 44vsl) I do like a lot about it.

Although AL9 looks awesome in the demos as well - push looks crazy fun!

Plus I am still dealing with a constant pop / sound glitch -- but that is for another forumn and I am off to try chasing it down now.

Thank you

Joe
madsaxo
Prenoob

If I get it right, we MUST have Studio One Pro to be able to import MP3 or .WAV into the program?

Forum Index » Digital Audio Recording
Go to: