image description

Studio One song time set at 5 minutes
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob

I recently migrated to S1 from Sonar. Overall, I like the user interface better in Sonar but I like the on-board processing better in S1...especially since it closely matches my SL.

My question is, I noticed that S1 sets a default length of 5:00 for the song. I am using a custom template based on the SL16 template. I realize that I am "allowed" to record more than 5:00...but when I export (mixdown) the song, it limits me to 5:00 despite possibly having hours of material? So, I had to go through and set marker flags to get the start/end of the song.

Is there any way to just have S1 export the entire length of material recorded...not using markers or a hard limit of X:XX minutes or hours?

Thanks~
scottharrell
Presonic
[Avatar]

Click the flag icon at the top to drop down the marker track. You'll see a start and end marker. Move that end marker to the end of your song and that's it. Also note when you create a new song you can set the song length there as well.
just some dude that hangs out at presonus
[WWW]
hollywoodblues
Prenoob
[Avatar]

When I set up a new song file, will I need to set the time markers for each track? What if I dont know exactly how long the performance will be...
must I time my tracks before recording them? That seems really backwards. Til now I haven't had to go beyond 5:00 but would like to know
Studio One Artist 2.0
AudioBox USB
hollywoodblues
Prenoob
[Avatar]

more Q's. Is there a way to shut off the AudioBox before unplugging it? nextly, the waveforms in my track are so tiny I have to expand the field to get a good look at them. I dont think im recording too low because I am certainly getting some clips... Can they be enlarged somewhere? Input is at -15, mixer knob I have moved to varying degrees with the same results, Main knob is just below the center position
Studio One Artist 2.0
AudioBox USB
mwright137
Presonoid
[Avatar]

You don't need to set it before. Just move the markers when it's done. If it didn't have the markers, it would export all the pre and post stuff that you don't want.

There is a macro on Exchange to set the begin and end markers to your longest audio part. That's the easiest way to do it...
I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

MacBook Pro 13. OS X Mavericks - version 10.9.2
StudioLive 16.4.2; StudioLive 328AI (x2)
AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; FireStudio Project (x2)
Studio One 2 Pro 2.6.2 (64 bit)

[WWW]
mwright137
Presonoid
[Avatar]

hollywoodblues wrote:more Q's. Is there a way to shut off the AudioBox before unplugging it? nextly, the waveforms in my track are so tiny I have to expand the field to get a good look at them. I dont think im recording too low because I am certainly getting some clips... Can they be enlarged somewhere? Input is at -15, mixer knob I have moved to varying degrees with the same results, Main knob is just below the center position

In response to this question, there are input meters in Studio One. If you open them up you can see the actual levels that are getting to the DAW. Then you can adjust your gain structure from there.

As far as turning off the AB before unplugging it, this is not necessary or possible.

AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; FireStudio Project (x2)

[WWW]
hollywoodblues
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Awesome. Thanks for the speedy help!
Cheers
Studio One Artist 2.0
AudioBox USB
mwright137
Presonoid
[Avatar]

That's what we're here for

[WWW]

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: