image description

Trying to set up Akai EIE
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob

Hi all. I had a Audiobox USB and guess i fried the preamps using it with line level source. Got an Akai EIE 16 bit interface due to its features. I am having problems installing it and getting Studio One to interface with it. In the meantime my Windows 7 keeps locking up on me.

I followed these directions from a different post and made some progress as now there is something in Studio One that says EIE. However, trying to configure the I/O didn't work. What I am seeing seems like a generic ASIO device.

"First, Go to Akai's website and download the ASIO4ALL v2 driver.
Go to the Windows Control Panel and select the sound settings panel
Here, I had to make sure that the EIE was NOT my default sound card. Your mileage may vary.
Install the driver and restart your machine.
Launch StudioOne and using the top bar menu go to Studio One >Options
Click the audio setup icon and under audio device select the ASIO4ALL v2 option from the dropdown
Click the control panel button
Under the WDM list on the left your EIE will be listed. The buttons for EIE must be white to be active.
Close this panel.

Now create a new empty song, or open an existing one: File>New Song >Empty Song
When the new song opens, navigate to the top menu >Studio One>Options
Go to the Audio Setup Icon, then at the bottom of that window select "Song Setup"
Click the Audio I/O Setup icon
You should now see the ASIO as the sound device. Your inputs and outputs will be within their respective tabs and no longer disabled.
Configure those to meet your needs, click the "Make Default" button and test. Your EIE is now configured and your settings will now be the default. "

Any help is truly appreciated.
Studio One Artist 2.0.0
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
Lenovo ideacentre B540
i3
4GB RAM
Pauly 6 String
Prenoob

OK, for some reason I can now set up all 4 inputs in the I/O set uip and all seems good.

Studio One Artist 2.0.0
Lenovo ideacentre B540
i3
4GB RAM
Pauly 6 String
Prenoob

ASIO4ALL is top suspect in my new problem. Getting a BSOD when using the EIE and Studio One.

When I set up as instructed by Akai using Windows Sound card set up I can hear Windows noises but not Studio One. Reinstalled ASIO4ALL from the Akai web site and continue getting BSOD after a few minutes of using Studio One.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Studio One Artist 2.0.0
Lenovo ideacentre B540
i3
4GB RAM
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Pauly 6 String wrote:Hi all. I had a Audiobox USB and guess i fried the preamps using it with line level source. Got an Akai EIE 16 bit interface due to its features. I am having problems installing it and getting Studio One to interface with it. In the meantime my Windows 7 keeps locking up on me.

I followed these directions from a different post and made some progress as now there is something in Studio One that says EIE. However, trying to configure the I/O didn't work. What I am seeing seems like a generic ASIO device.

"First, Go to Akai's website and download the ASIO4ALL v2 driver.
Go to the Windows Control Panel and select the sound settings panel
Here, I had to make sure that the EIE was NOT my default sound card. Your mileage may vary.
Install the driver and restart your machine.
Launch StudioOne and using the top bar menu go to Studio One >Options
Click the audio setup icon and under audio device select the ASIO4ALL v2 option from the dropdown
Click the control panel button
Under the WDM list on the left your EIE will be listed. The buttons for EIE must be white to be active.
Close this panel.

Now create a new empty song, or open an existing one: File>New Song >Empty Song
When the new song opens, navigate to the top menu >Studio One>Options
Go to the Audio Setup Icon, then at the bottom of that window select "Song Setup"
Click the Audio I/O Setup icon
You should now see the ASIO as the sound device. Your inputs and outputs will be within their respective tabs and no longer disabled.
Configure those to meet your needs, click the "Make Default" button and test. Your EIE is now configured and your settings will now be the default. "

Any help is truly appreciated.

Well first of all, you should not need the Asio4all driver to work in S1. Just use the EIE driver and it should just show up in Studio One as an interface option.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
CPhoenix
Presonoid

I'm shocked they are recommending the use of ASIO4ALL for their interface.

The interface should have ASIO drivers itself to use, which should be better than ASIO4ALL. ASIO4ALL is moreso a tool to trick the computer into believing a stock WDM driver is ASIO. It's like a bridge.
Win 8.1 x64 // i7 3930K (@ 4.2GHz) // Samsung Pro 512GB // 500GB SSD (via Raid 0) // 2TB HD // 32GB RAM // Antec Kuhler 620 // Radeon HD 7870 + Radeon 5450 // MSI X79a GD45 Plus mobo// TI chipset Firewire card

DAW(s): Studio One v2.6 // Maschine Studio // Reason 7 via Rewire
Plugs: UAD 2 Quad, Softube CL 1b, Klanghelm, Toneboosters, Soundtoys, Slate VTM, Kramer Tape
Instr.: Addictive Drums, Gladiator2, Sylenth, AAS Bundle, K9U, IK Total Studio 3, Cinesamples, RealGuitar/Strat/LPC, Trilian

RME UCX // AKG c214 // SM57 + Cloudlifter CL1 // JBL LSR 4328p // FMR RNLA // Korg Kaossilator Pro // Novation 61 SL MKii // Korg MicroKey 25 // Presonus Faderport // Contour Designs Shuttle Pro

Next up: Motif XS rack
[WWW]
Pauly 6 String
Prenoob

They recommend it for decreased latency per the quit start guide. They say it is Class Compliant and does not require a driver. No other drivers were found for the EIE.

When I follow the instructions to use Windows sound settings in the control panel I see the EIE and can select it. Then everything freezes for a few seconds. When I start the DAW I select using Windows Audio and I get no sound when I play back a recording and everything is scrolling faster than recorded.

Studio One Artist 2.0.0
Lenovo ideacentre B540
i3
4GB RAM

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: