image description

How do I export my songs from Studio One?
  Forum Index » How do I (You fill in the blank)? 
Author
Prenoob

I have just bought an AudioBox and I have no experience in home recording but have just begun and have made 3 songs. Now I dont know how to get them into mp3 format? I have clicked 'song' then 'export as audio file' but do not understand / know where to go from there?

Please help
sunmachine
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Please take a look at this post by db where he's showing how to select mp3 as export format: http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/45/2630.page#21775

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | Mac OS X 10.6 | Studio One 2 Professional, 32 Bit
Sonic Core SCOPE | Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz | Windows XP@8 GB Compact Flash Card
tc electronic Impact Twin | novation Remote 61SL Mk II

Get 5 GB free GOBBLER space in the cloud for your DAW projects! For Mac and PC
[WWW]
Foopnasty
Prenoob

how do you do this with s1 artist?
Palaios
Presonoid
[Avatar]

after exporting to wavs use wav to MP3 converter and convert previously made wavs to mp3.

iTunes, VLC.. As they were CD "ripped" to mp3 fromat

Pro does that with much less hassle. Direct to mp3.

I´d need feature to do even lesser (=poorer) quality just to compare how brutally mp3 format violates my mix
Firestudio Project iMac 3,2GHz i3 8Gb 1Tb MBP 13"4Gb S1 Pro
[Email] [WWW]
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Foopnasty wrote:how do you do this with s1 artist?

S1 Artist does not support MP3 export, just do as suggested in the previous post.
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
Foopnasty
Prenoob

well... i figured out how to master... but playback is pretty quiet... how do i get master them so that they're not sounding so muffled
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Foopnasty wrote:well... i figured out how to master... but playback is pretty quiet... how do i get master them so that they're not sounding so muffled

First of all, I think you may have confused the mastering and the mixing. If you have figured out how to master and still end up with a quiet, muffled track you're seriously doing something wrong. Oh and I'm not trying to be an ass, but there is a reason why there is a thing called a mastering engineer.

Key in mastering is to have the most neutral playback environment, which means neutral monitors (plus a couple of them actually with different characters, maybe even a PA system and a boombox) and a very well treated room.

Mastering is kind of the QA of your music, they'll look for problems in the freq spectrum. Phase issues and what not. If you release multiple tracks, they also safeguard the overall feel of the tracks. Mastering isn't a single click solution. Sometimes they add very little more than a basic EQ, Compressor and Limiter. In other situations it's all tools to the rescue. And a mastering engineer can only fix so much, shit in is shit out.

So read a little about mastering on the internets, lots of great info there. Try to understand what an EQ, compressor and a limiter do. And start by using those. In order to become a reasonable mastering engineer, you need time, experience, time, a well treated environment, time, a nicely balanced playback system and, oh yeah, time. Learn, learn and learn.

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

[WWW] [MSN]
Foopnasty
Prenoob

is there a way to for you guys to "walk" through what i have recorded to pinpoint where i muffed up? Like, when i play back i got the final "mix" channel to the point where it just about peaks. When i "update master" and mixdown to audio file im able to put it onto a cd. At that point trying to get it into itunes is a bit easier... but i would love to know where to pick up a free mp3/wav converter. 2 step shopping. problem is the mixed trax or the master... either/or are pretty quiet. And no worries about being an ass... we all bought this equipment to record our own stuff, and we all have ego problems. Hence why we wanna record our music and force it on our friends.
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Foopnasty wrote:is there a way to for you guys to "walk" through what i have recorded to pinpoint where i muffed up? Like, when i play back i got the final "mix" channel to the point where it just about peaks. When i "update master" and mixdown to audio file im able to put it onto a cd. At that point trying to get it into itunes is a bit easier... but i would love to know where to pick up a free mp3/wav converter. 2 step shopping. problem is the mixed trax or the master... either/or are pretty quiet. And no worries about being an ass... we all bought this equipment to record our own stuff, and we all have ego problems. Hence why we wanna record our music and force it on our friends.

Lol, first of all, what you might want to do (besides trying to post an audio clip for us to actually hear things) is do the following.

1) forget about getting to a point where you might be clipping.
2) try to roughly mix into -3 or -6 dB.
3) strip all processing you have on the master bus
4) make sure you get it to sound like you want it to in the song (nevermind it being a bit quiet, it's always easy to make things louder).
5) post the track on soundcloud or something and let other give feedback on your mix.
6) do something with that feedback (and still, don't mind the actual volume).
7) re-post the track, get feedback
when you have the mix like you want it to be, then think about mastering...

[WWW] [MSN]
Foopnasty
Prenoob

Gawd damnit... its like waiting for christmas huh? but in this case its mastering. well i attached a tune... lemme know if its "any Good"
Wave nuthin-Master.wav
 Description [Disk] Download
 Filesize 86811 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  2206 time(s)

Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Foopnasty wrote:Gawd damnit... its like waiting for christmas huh? but in this case its mastering. well i attached a tune... lemme know if its "any Good"

'When good things come to those who wait, I'm long overdue brother'

[WWW] [MSN]
TiKkO
Presonic
[Avatar]

I just put out my album and posted up music everywhere and one thing I learned should no longer be a concern is converting to MP3. Pretty much everywhere accepted my final high quality WAV files
TiKkO's debut album "Downr1v3r" available on iTunes
[WWW]
Kahlbert
Presonificator
[Avatar]

TiKkO wrote:I just put out my album and posted up music everywhere and one thing I learned should no longer be a concern is converting to MP3. Pretty much everywhere accepted my final high quality WAV files

Good point. Some platforms have varying formats and even recommend to upload WAV so they can convert to whatever their standard may be.
Win 7 Pro (x64), Intel Core i5 760, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon
RME HDSP 9632, PreSonus AB 1818VSL
Studio One 2 Professional (x64)
Waves, IK Multimedia, Synthogy, Native Instruments, Toontrack, ArtsAcoustic, Bluenoise Plugins, Celemony, Drumdrops, Sample Modeling, Ample Sound, ...

Dolphin Blue - Songs of Tom Waits
--------------------------------------------
Dropbox - Free Online Storage
(Use this link to get us both even more free space.)
[WWW]
WilsonAguero
Prenoob

I have S1 artist and i want to send a rough mix of my song to a hommie so he can listen to it. How do i do this if it is possible on the artist version?
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

Export it to your computer as a Wav file and then use a free converter from the internet to convert it to MP3.

If you need further help let us know. Most of what you're looking for is in the manual under exporting if you want to dig around a bit for yourself.
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]

Forum Index » How do I (You fill in the blank)?
Go to: