image description

Virtual Instruments wont record
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob

When I open Presence I drag and drop 303 bass in the track and when i try to record it, all I get is a green strip but it doesn't pick up the sound from the Instrument. I can hear it fine when I press the virtual keys in the Instrument box but it doesn't record at all...

Im using a WIndows 7
x64 bit

Can anyone help me?
Untitled.jpg
[Thumb - Untitled.jpg]
 Description See, i press record and that is what it does [Disk] Download
 Filesize 91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  36 time(s)

Untitled2.jpg
[Thumb - Untitled2.jpg]
 Description [Disk] Download
 Filesize 276 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  33 time(s)

martin.jirsak
Presonic

There is no MIDI input, of the track. Under the Presence field (in the list of tracks), there is "None". CLick on this, and select All Inputs, or any of your MIDI Devices, which is connected.

Did you alreade define Input devices in the External Device window?
Martin Jirsak
Film Music Composer
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
Studio One 2 Professional (always latest update)
Mac Book Pro: as Master
Mac Pro: as Slave, connected by VSL VE Pro
Local technical support: PreSonus, Steinberg, RME, UAD, Apple, MOTU, Avid, Studiologic, CME, IK, NI
[WWW]
Yeseniabaraq
Prenoob

How do you define Input devices in the External Device window?

Well I'll tell you what I did do. I was trying to use my computers qwerty keyboard as midi and try to set in the External Device but I am still trying to figure that out in another post. So as of now I have no midi inputs in the External Device.

I went in and tried recording with "all inputs" and still nothing gets recorded. It does the same thing as I showed you in the pictures.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 26/03/2013 22:28:49

martin.jirsak
Presonic

OK, I hope, we solved the problem with the virtual keyboard, now. It should works to you.

Now, if your computer keyboard works as a MIDI keyboard, you should be able to record some MIDI data.
Martin Jirsak
Film Music Composer
Studio One 2 Professional (always latest update)
Mac Book Pro: as Master
Mac Pro: as Slave, connected by VSL VE Pro
Local technical support: PreSonus, Steinberg, RME, UAD, Apple, MOTU, Avid, Studiologic, CME, IK, NI
[WWW]
Yeseniabaraq
Prenoob

Sorry if confused you, but what I am trying to say is that. I tried to set my qwerty keyboard as a midi but for some reason. Studio one doesn't recognize it I just cant get it to work.

Hence, i am not using any kind of midi device including my qwerty keyboard. So i took your advice and did what you said I should do and put "All inputs" in the little box beneath presence but nothing has changed. I still cannot get the Virtual Instruments to record anything. I push all the keys inside the Instrument presence box with my mouse while its recording and I still don't see nothing recording.

I don't know what else to do!
sunmachine
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Did you watch the video I posted in your other thread? It explains how to setup and use your computer keyboard.
Playing the virtual keys of Presence with the mouse won't record anything.
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | Mac OS X 10.6 | Studio One 2 Professional, 32 Bit
Sonic Core SCOPE | Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz | Windows XP@8 GB Compact Flash Card
tc electronic Impact Twin | novation Remote 61SL Mk II

Get 5 GB free GOBBLER space in the cloud for your DAW projects! For Mac and PC
[WWW]
Yeseniabaraq
Prenoob

sunmachine wrote:Did you watch the video I posted in your other thread? It explains how to setup and use your computer keyboard.
Playing the virtual keys of Presence with the mouse won't record anything.

Sunmachine,

I did, but for my case it didn't really help. But it was my fault cause I was doing something wrong. Everything was set right I didn't know how to use it. I explained in the other post what I was doing wrong. But ill explain the same thing here just in case this situation arises with another person.
Yeseniabaraq
Prenoob

I'll add this pic for instructions on how to get the instruments to start recording. Some FYI in case you think like me lol...
Don't expect for all the keys on the keyboard to work as a key on the interface. The only letters that you will be able to use are the ones the you see on the Qwerty keyboard in S1 and it has to remain open the whole time. You can change the Octaves to change where the keys hit.
qwertykeyboard.jpg
[Thumb - qwertykeyboard.jpg]
 Description Click on Mix on the right, click external, on external device column click the + click presonus and select qwerty keyboard. [Disk] Download
 Filesize 273 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  49 time(s)

buttons2.jpg
[Thumb - buttons2.jpg]
 Description After external device has been set to Qwerty keyboard. Underneath the Yellow box press on the arrow and select Qwerty keyboard [Disk] Download
 Filesize 148 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  35 time(s)

buttons3.jpg
[Thumb - buttons3.jpg]
 Description The Qwerty keyboard should pop up , you can select the Octaves you want to use. (note: do no close qwerty for it to function) to record just put the record button to get started. (: [Disk] Download
 Filesize 51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  36 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 27/03/2013 00:40:09

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: