image description


Studio On Artist, can I use VST plug ins?
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Message
Daniel_TinSpirits
Prenoob

Joined: 26/08/2010 18:08:22
Messages: 18
Offline

I bought an Audio Box, its brilliant, with it came Studio One Artist, it is also brilliant
with it also came Guitar Rig 3, also great
BUT it doesn't work with studio One Artist as a plug in
I have been tearing my hair out trying to work out why but it seems there is no vst tab
so can someone confirm for me that the vst version of guitar rig 3 will not work worth studio one artist?
just seems strange that they would include free software that is incompatible with Studio one artist

any thoughts appreciated
DarinBad
Prenoob

Joined: 28/07/2010 23:34:52
Messages: 33
Offline

Guitar Rig 3 LE should be working in S1 Artist (I believe the full version of Guitar Rig 3 will also). Does Artist come in a 64 bit version? If you installed the 64 bit version, Guiatr Rig won't be usable because it's a 32 bit plugin. You would need a VST bridge (like JBridge) to use it with S1 64 bit (Artist or Pro). I haven't checked, but is there a 64 bit version of Guitar Rig 3 LE on the disc or downloadable from Native Instruments? If so, you should be able to use that. I never installed the Guitar Rig stuff to find out.
Win7 Pro x64, Studio One Pro 2.05, RME fireface 800, SuperMicro C2SBC-Q (Q35 chipset), Q6600 Quad Core, 8GB RAM.
MountainKing
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 07/06/2010 16:11:11
Messages: 129
Offline

Yes, also the full version of Guitar Rig will work.

Maybe this might help. That's the way I for myself did it:
http://oldforums.presonus.com/showthread.php?t=12800
www.butcherfingers.de
sdrr00
Presonic

Joined: 29/07/2010 16:32:43
Messages: 185
Offline

Daniel_TinSpirits wrote:I bought an Audio Box, its brilliant, with it came Studio One Artist, it is also brilliant
with it also came Guitar Rig 3, also great
BUT it doesn't work with studio One Artist as a plug in
I have been tearing my hair out trying to work out why but it seems there is no vst tab
so can someone confirm for me that the vst version of guitar rig 3 will not work worth studio one artist?
just seems strange that they would include free software that is incompatible with Studio one artist

any thoughts appreciated


S1 Artist doesnt support VST plug ins, except those included.. its one of its major limitations. you have to upgrade to S1 Pro to enable plugins
Daniel_TinSpirits
Prenoob

Joined: 26/08/2010 18:08:22
Messages: 18
Offline

S1 Artist doesnt support VST plug ins, except those included.. its one of its major limitations. you have to upgrade to S1 Pro to enable plugins

that's what I suspected

I checked the whole 32/64 bit thing and everything wasa correct

I can start it on its own and it's great, but just doesn't work as a plugin. seems strange that they would include some free software that is incompatable with the studio one artist software that is provided. or is it an ingenious plan to get you to upgrade, which i don't mind doing, think the pro version has a lot of cool things like themastering suite etc, just wish i had known aboutit before i wasted a day trying to make it work. I called the tech guys and they were unable to help either. I can't be the only guy that installe dthe free software and had issues.

ah well, upgrade and life will be complete. Thanks for all your help people
Daniel_TinSpirits
Prenoob

Joined: 26/08/2010 18:08:22
Messages: 18
Offline

sdrr00 wrote:
Daniel_TinSpirits wrote:I bought an Audio Box, its brilliant, with it came Studio One Artist, it is also brilliant
with it also came Guitar Rig 3, also great
BUT it doesn't work with studio One Artist as a plug in
I have been tearing my hair out trying to work out why but it seems there is no vst tab
so can someone confirm for me that the vst version of guitar rig 3 will not work worth studio one artist?
just seems strange that they would include free software that is incompatible with Studio one artist

any thoughts appreciated


S1 Artist doesnt support VST plug ins, except those included.. its one of its major limitations. you have to upgrade to S1 Pro to enable plugins


before i upgrade though I am going to try this, I'll let you know
rodneyorpheus
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/05/2010 11:50:18
Messages: 139
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Offline

Daniel_TinSpirits wrote: seems strange that they would include some free software that is incompatable with the studio one artist software that is provided.


That would be a very strange thing for us to do indeed

Guitar Rig should work perfectly fine with Studio One Artist, so I'm not sure what's going on there. I do know that the recent Native Instrument installers tend to put some of their plugins in weird places, so I would guess that's what happened. Try to re-install Guitar Rig and put it into the VSTplugins (x86) folder, not in some odd NI folder, that might help.
Daniel_TinSpirits
Prenoob

Joined: 26/08/2010 18:08:22
Messages: 18
Offline

thanks for that

I have tried this a number of times but no luck. Could you please let me know specifically where it should be? I see a plugins folder but no VST plugins folder. I created one and refreshed the folders list but still no joy.
Any help would be massivley appreciated
MountainKing
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 07/06/2010 16:11:11
Messages: 129
Offline

Did you try the workaorund in my link?
www.butcherfingers.de
Daniel_TinSpirits
Prenoob

Joined: 26/08/2010 18:08:22
Messages: 18
Offline

yeah, certainly did. When i was searching initialy for a solution to this it I found your post but it didn't work for me
I find the VST folder when i go through the folders list, but it doesn't contain anything
so the problem is my version of artist isn't recognizing the .dll file

there...goes...my....last....hair....
MountainKing
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 07/06/2010 16:11:11
Messages: 129
Offline

Strange!
www.butcherfingers.de
Texas Willie
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 19:59:14
Messages: 1187
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Online

Daniel_TinSpirits wrote:I bought an Audio Box, its brilliant, with it came Studio One Artist, it is also brilliant
with it also came Guitar Rig 3, also great
BUT it doesn't work with studio One Artist as a plug in
I have been tearing my hair out trying to work out why but it seems there is no vst tab
so can someone confirm for me that the vst version of guitar rig 3 will not work worth studio one artist?
just seems strange that they would include free software that is incompatible with Studio one artist

any thoughts appreciated


Have looked at the EFFECTS tab in the S1 Browser?

TW
PreSonus FireStudio Mobile x 2
Studio One Pro DAW v2.6
Yamaha DGX 220 Keyboard
Yamaha DTXplorer Drums
Akai MPK49 Midi Controller
M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Controller
Boss BR-600 Digital Recorder
Guitar Rig Kontrol Pedal Board
Native Instruments Komplete 9
Epiphone Wildcat Semi-Hollow A/E
Breedlove Custom Studio A/E Guitar
Fender 12 String Acoustic/Electric
Fender American Stratocaster
TC-Helicon Harmony G
Sennheiser HD280 Pro Headphones

Windows 8 x64, SIIG PCIe DP Firewire 800 3 port card.

MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.8

AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core 2.30 GHz; 8 GB Ram
Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb SSD-For O/S and Programs
Western Digital 1TB HDD x 2
Western Digital 1.5 TB HDD
[WWW]
benj
Prenoob

Joined: 07/11/2010 15:50:54
Messages: 3
Offline

Hello there!

I'm in Mac OS and installed NI Komplete Players (the free version). After it S1 Artist recognized Kore player but not Guitar Rig. After reading a little I found a little trick that makes guitar rig work perfectly within S1 Artist. Just go to \Library\Audio\Plugins\VST and rename "Guitar Rig 4.vst" to "Guitar Rig 3.vst" and you are ready to go!!
Daniel_TinSpirits
Prenoob

Joined: 26/08/2010 18:08:22
Messages: 18
Offline

i'll give this a go... fingers crosed
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Joined: 17/04/2010 05:42:47
Messages: 8677
Location: Wheeling IL (North Chicago Suburbs)
Offline

rodneyorpheus wrote:
Daniel_TinSpirits wrote: seems strange that they would include some free software that is incompatable with the studio one artist software that is provided.


That would be a very strange thing for us to do indeed

Guitar Rig should work perfectly fine with Studio One Artist, so I'm not sure what's going on there. I do know that the recent Native Instrument installers tend to put some of their plugins in weird places, so I would guess that's what happened. Try to re-install Guitar Rig and put it into the VSTplugins (x86) folder, not in some odd NI folder, that might help.


Good to see you alive and well on here Rodney. Love all the videos. I love your emotion when talling folks about Studio One. I do the same when I talk to clients.....lol. Keep up all the good work on S1.

CHEERS!!!!
Johnny

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
 
Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: