image description

Guitar Rig 5?
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Hi everyone, I have S1 Pro V2 and I went to NI's website to see if there were any updates since they never tell if there are updates or not. I clicked on my product Komplete Elements for Presonus and it shows an update for Guitar Rig 5 which I downloaded and did not work because it said
No previous installer found. Please run the full product installer before runnig the update installer!
So why with Presonus' Komplete Elements package did I not get Guitar Rig 5?
I did install the Kontact Player update which showed me that it was at 5.1 and also downloaded the Reaktor 5 update to 5.8 and those worked no problem.
What's up with Guitar Rig 5? is this part of Presonus' Komplete Elements package? or do I need to do something else? Or do I only get Guitar Rig 4 with the latest update that I have which is 4.2.2?
Computer: HP Intel i5 2400 with 8 gig RAM and 3.10Ghz.
Windows 7 64 bit
Audio Interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24
Preamps: Grace M101, ART MPA Gold 2 Channel with NOS Tubes, Focusrite Pres
Mics: Shure SM7B, MXL 960 Tube with Mullard NOS tube, MXL V67G.
Monitors: KRK G2 Rokit 5's
Keyboard: CME U-Key Contoller
Cables: Mogami
Power Conditioner: Monster Power Pro 2500
Software: Presonus Studio One Pro V2 2.5,
Waves, Focusrite, TRacks 3 Deluxe, Hypersonic, Groove Agent, EZ Drummer, Session Drummer, AmpliTube 3, Voxengo, Beatscape, Kontact 4 Kore Player, Guitar Rig 4, Jbridge.
[WWW]
officerbanks
Prenoob

Hello
I am running Komplete Elements Guitar Rig 5 and I had no trouble installing it on my Imac. Guitar Rig 5 is found in the Effects because it is an Effect not a Instrument. I did not have any trouble downloading and installing this but first I had to use the NI Service Center Application. The whole thing is a little trickiy, but it will work.
Frank
LAGinz
Presonic

"Elements" comes with separate installers for each of its components. So the OP should make sure that he ran the Guitar Rig installer that came with Elements, before trying to install the update. If he did do that first, and still got that message, maybe the problem is that his version of Elements came with the installer for Guitar Rig 4, rather than 5. If that's the case he should (after running the GR Elements installer) install and run the free Guitar Rig 5 Player, which is available on the NI website. After doing that, he can run the update for GR5.
Separate 32 and 64 bit installations of Studio One 2.6 Prof.: 15" Lenovo 2.4 i7 W530 laptop w/8gb RAM, 1920 X 1080 screen rez; Windows 7 64 Bit SP1. Backup computer same brand and specs., other than it is E520 dual core, i5 with 1366 X 768 screen rez.
dgvoiceovers
Prenoob
[Avatar]

I have never gotten anything about installing GR5 went into Service center and looked at all the things that came with Komplete Elements and the only thing it shows is GR 4 essential that came with Elements. I went back into the Service Center again and there was a new update for me to download all of of sudden and it was for Kontakt Factory and so I downloaded it and that also errored and said that I do not have this installed.
So why am I getting updates for programs that I never got in the 1st place?
Never got GR5 and now this Kontakt Factory? I don't get it!
Where did you download GR5 because it is not listed in Presonus' Komplete Elements package that I have? I did download it off the S1 Pro CD maybe that's my problem here. I should have downloaded it from the NI website which it does tell me to download but it is activated and does work. I don't know I am really confused why I do not get these products with my Presonus Software.
Windows 7 64 bit
Waves, Focusrite, TRacks 3 Deluxe, Hypersonic, Groove Agent, EZ Drummer, Session Drummer, AmpliTube 3, Voxengo, Beatscape, Kontact 4 Kore Player, Guitar Rig 4, Jbridge.
[WWW]
dgvoiceovers
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Hey LAGinz I did download GR4 that came with Elements long ago when S1 V2 came out but never received any other things from NI especially about GR5. I have all the installers from elements and the are activated and working in S1. Like I said I never got anything about getting GR5 for Presonus' Komplete Package.
I will go to the NI Website and download GR5 and see how that works but I am guessing that is different than having it for Komple Elements for Presonus. I will give it a shot.
Windows 7 64 bit
[WWW]
dgvoiceovers
Prenoob
[Avatar]

I was just on the NI website and under free downloads they had the Komplete 8 player which has Kontakt 5 which I just updated tonight to 5.8 plus it had GR5 and Reaktor 5 which I aslo updated tonight to 5.8 but this Reackter player looks like nothing that I have that's in S1. The GUI is completly different.
Can I download Komplete 8 Player and will this work in S1 Pro V2 with the version of Presonus' Komplete Elements that I already have installed?
Would I have any conflicts between the 2?
Windows 7 64 bit
[WWW]
macwriter
Presonic
[Avatar]

are you talking about the Guitar Rig branded "lite" version that comes free with Studio One (i.e. since they did the deal with Native Instruments)?

Studio Hardware /Software:

Studio One Version 2.5 (64bit Professional Version)
EZ Drummer (full version)
Melodyne Editor 2.1 (full version)
EZ Mix (full version)

Macbook
Running OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
2.1 ghz intel core duo
4gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram

Internal Hard Drive Drive
120G total (However, I am writing all Studio One Files live to an External Firewire Drive while recording/edting and not to the internal Mac drive: 160G/400 Firewire)

Presonus AudioBox VSL 22
Fathead Ribbon Microphone
Shure SM57 Microphone
MXL Microphone 990/991 package
Reference monitors: M-Audio BX5a
Headphones: AudioTechnica ATH-M30

Guitars: Fender Telecaster (MIM); Ibanez Acoustic - AEG-20

Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 49es
[WWW]
dgvoiceovers
Prenoob
[Avatar]

macwriter, yeah the one that came with S1 Pro V2 the Komplete Elements package. I also have the GR4 lite that I have form S1 Pro V1 but I did not install that version when I went to S1 Pro V2.
Windows 7 64 bit
[WWW]

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: