image description

My Studio One lost its Activation on the machine
  Forum Index » Studio One Forum Community Support 
Author
Presonic

I was running S1 yesterday, and today my machine was not correctly connected to the network. So I plugged the Ethernet in again.

Strangely S1 did not start, claiming it was not activated for this computer. So I reactivated it using the keys I found in the login area. It worked nicely.

But I just did not understand what happened... maybe there is an explanation.
My system: Mac Pro 2012v with the latest OS-X and the latest Studio One DAW and the latest plugins. It's always up2date, to every component. I use Internet studio management software (PluginUpdate, Mac OS X App Store, Update Checkers, KVR, etc.). It's the bleeding latest with every bug fix available applied.
db
Presonoid
[Avatar]

I think someone had a similar problem on the old forum. It could be you activated S1 (for the first time) while your Ethernet connection was active. Once that connection was dropped, S1 temporarily was de-activated. You restored the Ethernet connection...S1 now is fully activated.

The activation at least in part appears tied to your ethernet connection. If you activate S1 off-line it would probably make no difference if you are connected to the Internet or not. Just a guess.

If you have not already seen it there is more info on the activation process for S1 here...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/08/2010 14:24:09

Dubstep and House Music by Thedmncproject

db vs Studio 360 (Discovery) | S1Answers (FAQ) | S1 Secrets (Tips and Tricks) | S1 Feature Requests

------

i7 920 | 12GB | W8 x64 | Studio One Pro x64 | Samson | A -500 Pro | Echo AudioFire4 | Nvidia GTX 275
PaulC
Prenoob

MarkyGoldstein wrote:I was running S1 yesterday, and today my machine was not correctly connected to the network. So I plugged the Ethernet in again.

Strangely S1 did not start, claiming it was not activated for this computer. So I reactivated it using the keys I found in the login area. It worked nicely.

But I just did not understand what happened... maybe there is an explanation.

Similar thing here also - S1 works only when I'm connected to the internet.

This is "ok" - but - what happens if my internet connection goes down? Am I totally unable to use S1 in these circumstances? A BIG QUESTION HERE ... If this is so, then S1 only exists as virtual software that you don't own and can only use when connected to the internet.
db
Presonoid
[Avatar]

I can use Studio One without an Internet connection and have done so many times. I suspect that is because my activation for Studio One was off-line. So it can function off-line without a doubt, but should you choose to activate S1 online then an Internet connection (it appears) may be required to maintain that activation.

I will say, only PreSonus Staff can say 100% for sure if that is the case so I am guessing here.
Dubstep and House Music by Thedmncproject

db vs Studio 360 (Discovery) | S1Answers (FAQ) | S1 Secrets (Tips and Tricks) | S1 Feature Requests

------

i7 920 | 12GB | W8 x64 | Studio One Pro x64 | Samson | A -500 Pro | Echo AudioFire4 | Nvidia GTX 275
MichaelAlanDawson
Presonic
[Avatar]

I used the online activation process for my copy of Studio One Artist. I was also able to use S1A offline, over the weekend. I can't imagine that losing a network connection would be the cause for other people losing their activation, but weirder things have happened.

mike

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/08/2010 16:30:49

http://www.facebook.com/retroshock/

Apple iMac 2009; 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM
24-inch (1920 x 1200); NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256MB
OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

Apple Mac Mini (Late 2009) ; 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB, OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

StudioLive 16.4.2; AudioBox 22 USB; AudioBox 22 VSL

Studio One Pro version 2.5; Universal Control 1.7; Capture 2; AudioBox VSL; EZDrummer with Pop! Expansion Set
[WWW]
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

The activation is partly based on a hardware ID, which is generated by different part ID's. One of which is the network controller.

Disconnecting from the internet isn't changing the machine ID, but if you do this by disabling the WiFi card in your laptop this will change the machine ID. But only because the network controller is virtually removed from the machine.
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
MarkyGoldstein
Presonic

Interesting.

I lost many iLok, PreSonus S1 and Apple Logic authorizations this day: 2010/08/08. Shall I observe my machine ? Network ? Network Controller ? Wireless Controller ?

I have documented my problems here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AlqMYGaf_tuadGRtLThEMnZrVjlZQkQ0dXlnSk1FWlE&hl=en&output=html
My system: Mac Pro 2012v with the latest OS-X and the latest Studio One DAW and the latest plugins. It's always up2date, to every component. I use Internet studio management software (PluginUpdate, Mac OS X App Store, Update Checkers, KVR, etc.). It's the bleeding latest with every bug fix available applied.
MarkyGoldstein
Presonic

My problem is now fixed like by magic hand, and I don't know what happend, but it runs ok again. Details here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AlqMYGaf_tuadGRtLThEMnZrVjlZQkQ0dXlnSk1FWlE&hl=en&output=html
PaulC
Prenoob

colton1237 wrote: It could be you activated S1 (for the first time) while your Ethernet connection was active. Once that connection was dropped, S1 temporarily was de-activated. You restored the Ethernet connection...S1 now is fully activated.

--------------------------------------------------
Gift Ideas
Gifts

Spot on with that last observation. Exactly that happened to me - but I found the support team (guy called Brandon) very helpful!
Had to re-activate a couple of installs via the website.
Now Studio1 works fine "on or offline"
It's a good product but possibly they should re-word the install instructions in order to circumvent this issue?

Forum Index » Studio One Forum Community Support
Go to: