image description

Question on WDM Setup and channel mappings
  Forum Index » 16.4.2 
Author
Prenoob

Hi,

I'm using the StudioLive 16.4.2 on a Windows 7 platform and I'm a little confused about the WDM mapping. When you go through Universal Control and choose WDM Setup, it only shows 8 channels as inputs. But yet, Capture can record 16 at a time (ok, actually 1. What is the relationship between the mapped WDM channel and the input channels?

This question comes about because I am trying to figure out a different workflow of mixing through the board. I want to record raw tracks to the computer (easy), then play them back through the StudioLive and apply the Fat Channel/mix settings then record the stereo output. Looking at the WDM mapping, it would appear that one of the steps I have to do is to change the WDM mapping when I'm recording the stereo outputs. Is this correct?

Thanks for any advice/information you can provide!
Steve
SwitchBack
Presonoid
[Avatar]

My advice on WDM would be: don't use it if you can avoid it.

The SL comes with an ASIO driver (automatically installs with UC) and nearly every DAW is capable of working with ASIO drivers. It will definitely improve audio quality. ASIO will bypass WDM completely.

ASIO channel assignment is done from your DAW (method varies depending on DAW and platform).

gadget69
Presonificator
[Avatar]

If you go into the WDM setup in VSL and go to the output page you will see the 2 track return set to channels 1 &2, send them to 17 and 18 and then you can record all 16 channels AND the 2 track to 17 and 18...

You can also route a computer music source, like winamp, to any channel, or set of channels by simply dragging and dropping the returns to a desired channel/channels...
NOTE: If your having an issue, open a tech support ticket and bring the number here if you want help!
http://support.presonus.com

Tools:
OHCI tool and Latency mon:
http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/11348.page

We, the few, that have done so much, for so long that now we can do everyything with nothing

dbx forum moderator

Lenova Ideapad Z565
Best connectivity Express card/firewire 2 port (400) that does NOT suggest having the TI chipset. (always worked great)
BYTECC Express card (400/800)07150358281

Asus/AMD processor tower. This setups just works on all firewire devices.

Belkin N450 dual band router, works with SL and Ai mixers
Studiolive 16:4:2
SL Ai24.4.2
ABUSB 1818VSL
Faderport
USB pre interface
Studio one Pro V2
LABsubs

loads of audio, and studio gear, and audiophile sound gear (gearslut)
[Email] [Yahoo!]

Forum Index » 16.4.2
Go to: