image description


studio one pro compressor
  Forum Index » Studio One Preset Exchange 
Author
Message
foxdfive
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 24/12/2010 04:51:41
Messages: 482
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Offline

I am looking to add another compressor to studio one pro ver 1. The stock compressor is pretty good, but I am looking for a warm tube sounding compressor (hope I did not lose you there). Anyway, I know that NI has some, but I don't need all the compressors in the kit. I mostly use acoustic drums and would like a clean punch on them, as well as my acoustic guitar. Not looking for a free one, just something fairly nice. Any suggestions would be greatly admired. BTW , I see things look a little different around here.
Presonus Studio One Pro 2, Presonus Fire Studio Mobile, AS Rock H67M, Intel 7 Sandy Bridge 2600, 8GB Ram, M-Audio BX5 Monitors, Roland DS-90 Monitors, Akai LPK 25, M-Audion Axiom 61, Komplete 8, Many Guitars /Basses
Rangersam
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 29/07/2010 23:48:06
Messages: 653
Location: Tasmania
Offline

URS are worth a look. The 'Pro strip' .Not cheap though.

Also try the freeware Antress Modern suite. Will get you started.
Intel Core I7 3770,ASUS P8Z68-V-LE MOTHERBOARD
500G Seagate SATA (projects),500G Seagate SATA (samples),500G Seagate SATA (apps).
Low noise case(Antec Solo). Acer x233h LCD, LG1510S.

RME Multiface x2,RME ADI2, Lucid 2496. Casio Privia PX-3,Behringer BCF2000,BCR2000.
Soundworkshop Series30 console (channels rackmounted in groups of 8 ).
Dynaudio BM15 speakers. Loads of mics and Pres and other junk.

Win8 64,Win7 64 and XP Pro SP3,StudioOnePro,Soundforge10, CD Arch5,
Reason6.5,Recycle, Waves Plugins, Drumcore 3.0, Korg legacy digital and analogue.
Native Instruments Komplete8,Alicia's Keys,Vintage compressors,Premium tube series.

Q6600, Asus P5QLPro, 2G ram, Asus 7200en vid, LG1510S, M-Audio 2496.
E7500, Asus P5QLPro, 4G ram, Asus EAH5450 vid, Acerx233h, M-Audio delta66.

Rangersam used to be called moopyhog (who died in the revolution).

foxdfive
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 24/12/2010 04:51:41
Messages: 482
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Offline

Thanks Ranger, Ill have a look
Presonus Studio One Pro 2, Presonus Fire Studio Mobile, AS Rock H67M, Intel 7 Sandy Bridge 2600, 8GB Ram, M-Audio BX5 Monitors, Roland DS-90 Monitors, Akai LPK 25, M-Audion Axiom 61, Komplete 8, Many Guitars /Basses
foxdfive
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 24/12/2010 04:51:41
Messages: 482
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Offline

Rangersam wrote:URS are worth a look. The 'Pro strip' .Not cheap though.

Also try the freeware Antress Modern suite. Will get you started.

Wow that's a lot of free stuff, it almost makes me nervous. Do I just unzip it in studio one or separate it first on the computer I downloaded it to?
Presonus Studio One Pro 2, Presonus Fire Studio Mobile, AS Rock H67M, Intel 7 Sandy Bridge 2600, 8GB Ram, M-Audio BX5 Monitors, Roland DS-90 Monitors, Akai LPK 25, M-Audion Axiom 61, Komplete 8, Many Guitars /Basses
Rangersam
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 29/07/2010 23:48:06
Messages: 653
Location: Tasmania
Offline

Unzip away from your VST folder. Then just drag and drop the '.dll' files into your 'VST' folder.

As far as managing the plugins, I would suggest you go through and find the ones you want to use, and set them into a folder on their own.
You will most likely want to use the 'Lost Angel' and 'Seventh Sign' to begin with.

You need to understand how to set up a compressor as I don't think there are any presets. Good practice. Presets are possibly the worst thing for some people as it allows them to avoid understanding the parameters. The 'Lost Angel' could not be simpler though, only three controls!
Intel Core I7 3770,ASUS P8Z68-V-LE MOTHERBOARD
500G Seagate SATA (projects),500G Seagate SATA (samples),500G Seagate SATA (apps).
Low noise case(Antec Solo). Acer x233h LCD, LG1510S.

RME Multiface x2,RME ADI2, Lucid 2496. Casio Privia PX-3,Behringer BCF2000,BCR2000.
Soundworkshop Series30 console (channels rackmounted in groups of 8 ).
Dynaudio BM15 speakers. Loads of mics and Pres and other junk.

Win8 64,Win7 64 and XP Pro SP3,StudioOnePro,Soundforge10, CD Arch5,
Reason6.5,Recycle, Waves Plugins, Drumcore 3.0, Korg legacy digital and analogue.
Native Instruments Komplete8,Alicia's Keys,Vintage compressors,Premium tube series.

Q6600, Asus P5QLPro, 2G ram, Asus 7200en vid, LG1510S, M-Audio 2496.
E7500, Asus P5QLPro, 4G ram, Asus EAH5450 vid, Acerx233h, M-Audio delta66.

Rangersam used to be called moopyhog (who died in the revolution).

foxdfive
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 24/12/2010 04:51:41
Messages: 482
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Offline

Rangersam wrote:Unzip away from your VST folder. Then just drag and drop the '.dll' files into your 'VST' folder.

As far as managing the plugins, I would suggest you go through and find the ones you want to use, and set them into a folder on their own.
You will most likely want to use the 'Lost Angel' and 'Seventh Sign' to begin with.

You need to understand how to set up a compressor as I don't think there are any presets. Good practice. Presets are possibly the worst thing for some people as it allows them to avoid understanding the parameters. The 'Lost Angel' could not be simpler though, only three controls!

yes do need the practice, it appears that I need a special tool to open that type of zip file. Also I have win 64 and the website did not specify what plug ins these were ie 32 or 64
Presonus Studio One Pro 2, Presonus Fire Studio Mobile, AS Rock H67M, Intel 7 Sandy Bridge 2600, 8GB Ram, M-Audio BX5 Monitors, Roland DS-90 Monitors, Akai LPK 25, M-Audion Axiom 61, Komplete 8, Many Guitars /Basses
LAGinz
Presonic

Joined: 26/06/2011 00:44:22
Messages: 610
Offline

Molot, the new FXpansion free DCAM, and the free Klanghelm compressor are all free and available in both 32 and 64 bit native versions. All are very good, the Klanghelm a bit linited though. If you want to bridge a 32 bit one to 64 bit, try the new Variety of Sound Density III. My favorite.
Separate 32 and 64 bit installations of Studio One 2.6 Prof.: 15" Lenovo 2.4 i7 W530 laptop w/8gb RAM, 1920 X 1080 screen rez; Windows 7 64 Bit SP1. Backup computer same brand and specs., other than it is E520 dual core, i5 with 1366 X 768 screen rez.
talmen
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 28/07/2010 23:56:13
Messages: 2931
Offline

I second all of the above recommendations. I like different compressors for different things. For all-around use, far and away my favorite is Waves Renaissance Vox. It has the simplest of controls, is extremely transparent (even at modestly high compression levels), and pretty much works well with almost any and all source material. Molot is really great as a pumping dance music comressor, although a tricky beast for some to learn to calibrate for best effect. I like PreSonus' Tri-Comp quite a bit, and for multi-band I like Waves C4 and C6. I like Cytomic's "The Glue" and Maseratti Group for buss compression, as well as sometimes Waves' Kramer Tape or Nomad Factory's Magnetic for their tube/tape compression emulation. Waves Renaissance Axe is great (and easy to use) on guitars, basses, and all plucked strings. Stillwell Audio has a host of great dynamics plugins, too -- I use their Bobmardier and Transient Monster frequently, too. There are just so many good ones out there nowadays, it is hard to pick just one. Lots of free demos avaiable. Try some, learn how they sound/how the controls work and pick a few of your own favorites!
Field Kit:
MacBook Pro 9.2 i5 2.5 GHz, 8GB RAM,
OS 10.8.5;
SL 16.4.2, AB1818VSL, Alesis IO14 / IO26
PreSonus Capture 2.1.0.24135, PreSonus S1
v2.6.1.24770, Boom Recorder 7.25.3

Studio Kit:
iMac 11.3, i7 (Quad) 2.93GHz, 8 GB RAM,
OS 10.9.1,
M-Audio FW1814, PreSonus Faderport,
PreSonus S1 Pro 2.6.1.24770
cristofe
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Joined: 12/03/2012 21:10:44
Messages: 3221
Location: Skaneateles, NY USA
Offline

All of the above....and I also like the old Buzzroom comps....they're free here:

http://free-plugin-list.com/plugin.php?id=249

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon Processors, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2
HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz Processor, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro
HP Compaq NC6320 Laptop Intel Core2Duo 2.0Ghz Processor 3GB RAM Win7 Ult
Dell Latitude E4310 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz Processor 4GB RAM Win7 Pro x32

Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & FP10 Firewire, Steinberg MI4 USB, Line 6 Toneport GX & PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's

DAWS/VST Hosts: S1 Professional, Plogue Bidule, Xlutop Chainer, Sieb VSTHost & Savihost

Hardware Synthesizers: Roland SH-32 & XV-3080 RedSound Darkstar XP2, Novation X-Station, Yamaha AN200, M-Audio Venom

Hardware Controllers: JL Cooper CS-10 Control Surface, Yamaha EZ-EG, Dillion Les Paul style acoustic electric guitar with Roland GK-3 pickup and GI-20 converter.

The Rest: Guitars, Amps, Stompboxes, Mics, Outboard Gear, VST plugins...too much to list!
[WWW]
foxdfive
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 24/12/2010 04:51:41
Messages: 482
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Offline

I have been in the dark I guess about all of these great tools. I did download the compressors that Ranger told me about, but when I went to open the zip it had some unusual extension and window 7 could not open it. How are you guys unzipping these files, cause I cannot open the antrees or what ever its called compressors. Also where can I find win 7 64 bit stuff at?

Thanks Gents
Presonus Studio One Pro 2, Presonus Fire Studio Mobile, AS Rock H67M, Intel 7 Sandy Bridge 2600, 8GB Ram, M-Audio BX5 Monitors, Roland DS-90 Monitors, Akai LPK 25, M-Audion Axiom 61, Komplete 8, Many Guitars /Basses
Rangersam
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 29/07/2010 23:48:06
Messages: 653
Location: Tasmania
Offline

foxdfive wrote:I have been in the dark I guess about all of these great tools. I did download the compressors that Ranger told me about, but when I went to open the zip it had some unusual extension and window 7 could not open it. How are you guys unzipping these files, cause I cannot open the antrees or what ever its called compressors. Also where can I find win 7 64 bit stuff at?

Thanks Gents


To unpack I recommend 'winrar free'.

As far as using 32 bit plugins in S1 64bit, you will need a bit bridge.

To simplify operation, I have 32 and 64 bit S1 installs on Win7 64, and use the 32 bit most of the time. The 2G addressable RAM for programs is enough for most of my work. It even lets me use old DirectX plugins inside a VST shell. There are still a couple of old plugs that I like to run.

Regarding sourcing 64bit versions of everything you run, you just don't need to. Win7 64 has a program folder for 32bit apps (x86), and they run just fine. Don't torture yourself on this point. For menial tasks like unpacking some 32bit plugins, 32bit utilities are fine. If and when you run into a wall, THEN spend some time on it. Trust me, this process never ends....it's just ongoing.

If on the other hand you are paying loads of money to a software company for 64bit support, and that support sucks, then you can start to torture yourself for a solution.
Intel Core I7 3770,ASUS P8Z68-V-LE MOTHERBOARD
500G Seagate SATA (projects),500G Seagate SATA (samples),500G Seagate SATA (apps).
Low noise case(Antec Solo). Acer x233h LCD, LG1510S.

RME Multiface x2,RME ADI2, Lucid 2496. Casio Privia PX-3,Behringer BCF2000,BCR2000.
Soundworkshop Series30 console (channels rackmounted in groups of 8 ).
Dynaudio BM15 speakers. Loads of mics and Pres and other junk.

Win8 64,Win7 64 and XP Pro SP3,StudioOnePro,Soundforge10, CD Arch5,
Reason6.5,Recycle, Waves Plugins, Drumcore 3.0, Korg legacy digital and analogue.
Native Instruments Komplete8,Alicia's Keys,Vintage compressors,Premium tube series.

Q6600, Asus P5QLPro, 2G ram, Asus 7200en vid, LG1510S, M-Audio 2496.
E7500, Asus P5QLPro, 4G ram, Asus EAH5450 vid, Acerx233h, M-Audio delta66.

Rangersam used to be called moopyhog (who died in the revolution).

foxdfive
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 24/12/2010 04:51:41
Messages: 482
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Offline

Rangersam wrote:
foxdfive wrote:I have been in the dark I guess about all of these great tools. I did download the compressors that Ranger told me about, but when I went to open the zip it had some unusual extension and window 7 could not open it. How are you guys unzipping these files, cause I cannot open the antrees or what ever its called compressors. Also where can I find win 7 64 bit stuff at?

Thanks Gents


To unpack I recommend 'winrar free'.

As far as using 32 bit plugins in S1 64bit, you will need a bit bridge.

To simplify operation, I have 32 and 64 bit S1 installs on Win7 64, and use the 32 bit most of the time. The 2G addressable RAM for programs is enough for most of my work. It even lets me use old DirectX plugins inside a VST shell. There are still a couple of old plugs that I like to run.

Regarding sourcing 64bit versions of everything you run, you just don't need to. Win7 64 has a program folder for 32bit apps (x86), and they run just fine. Don't torture yourself on this point. For menial tasks like unpacking some 32bit plugins, 32bit utilities are fine. If and when you run into a wall, THEN spend some time on it. Trust me, this process never ends....it's just ongoing.

If on the other hand you are paying loads of money to a software company for 64bit support, and that support sucks, then you can start to torture yourself for a solution.


Hahaha you are so right about support. To begin I am going to try the antrees stuff --seven sign etc. I do have 32 bit and 64 bit vst folders so then I guess I wouldn't need a bridge would I ?. Further, how will I know which plug ins are 32 or 64? Anyway, Ranger I will be honest I am just someone who likes to write and play my own music and perhaps mix it. I have no claim as a producer, so the technical side of me is not up to par with you guys who are pro type producers. I am just content making my own stuff sound "decent"
Presonus Studio One Pro 2, Presonus Fire Studio Mobile, AS Rock H67M, Intel 7 Sandy Bridge 2600, 8GB Ram, M-Audio BX5 Monitors, Roland DS-90 Monitors, Akai LPK 25, M-Audion Axiom 61, Komplete 8, Many Guitars /Basses
Resonator
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 25/07/2011 11:19:53
Messages: 332
Location: England
Offline

Another couple of nice ones to try
PSP Old Timer
http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/dynamic_processors/psp_oldtimerme/

Vertigo VSC-2
http://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/plugins/detail/vertigo_vsc-2.html
foxdfive
Presonic
[Avatar]

Joined: 24/12/2010 04:51:41
Messages: 482
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Offline


Many good suggestions here and I am thankful. I will download the winrar extractor this weekend and give these a try along with some others. I am after the tube warmth however and these look good.

Presonus Studio One Pro 2, Presonus Fire Studio Mobile, AS Rock H67M, Intel 7 Sandy Bridge 2600, 8GB Ram, M-Audio BX5 Monitors, Roland DS-90 Monitors, Akai LPK 25, M-Audion Axiom 61, Komplete 8, Many Guitars /Basses
LAGinz
Presonic

Joined: 26/06/2011 00:44:22
Messages: 610
Offline

For unzipping, 7-Zip works real well too.
Separate 32 and 64 bit installations of Studio One 2.6 Prof.: 15" Lenovo 2.4 i7 W530 laptop w/8gb RAM, 1920 X 1080 screen rez; Windows 7 64 Bit SP1. Backup computer same brand and specs., other than it is E520 dual core, i5 with 1366 X 768 screen rez.
 
Forum Index » Studio One Preset Exchange
Go to: