image description

Presonus customer service
  Forum Index » Pre-Sales Questions 
Author
Prenoob

If you are frequenting this forum; you might already have some knowledge of Presonus. They have been making audio products since about 1995. In that time, they have gained a reputation as an innovative company, with a string of products which have been very positively reviewed by industry and well received by the public.

What you may not know about Presonus is that the senior management publish their email addresses on the company web site. They also frequent the user forums. They even contact customers if they feel their help is needed. They instruct their service representatives; no matter how far away from Baton Rouge they might be; to help customers in any reasonable manner possible.

I know this; because in the past month I have been the recipient of this help - not just from one person; but from many from this company. Their local service agent summed it up when he said "Well - with Presonus - it's different. They are interested in everything. That's just what they're like".

The end result is that I was made to feel as if my music was important. That whatever was stopping me from making that music could and should be resolved. Personally, I can't really overstate how that made me feel.

I am just one customer. I'm posting this so that any prospective customer will feel that if they buy a Presonus product - their custom and their music will be respected too. I feel this is a company worth supporting - because they make excellent products; and they support the musicians who buy them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/06/2012 13:20:37

auximenies
Prenoob
[Avatar]

I have nothing but GREAT things to say!
Make better later.
[Yahoo!] [MSN]
CTStump
Presonoid
[Avatar]

You know foe all the complaints that a board gets which is reasonable in my opinion, there is always a silent majority of satisfied Customers who rarely complain nor frequent the board as there would be no need too however it is both gracious and encouraging to hear when something work's out at times for someone. Granted nothing is perfect (Yet) so it's good to know when someone has an issue because it help's to find these problems even if you feel everything is fine.

By helping people here myself I have found and fixed problems that I myself didn't know I had, so that kind of help's all of us my friend and it's nice to know Customer Service is there when we can't find help.
Presonus Studio One V2 Pro
Presonus Studio One 1.65 Pro
Sonar 8.5.3
Project 5 V2
Adobe Audition 3.01
Samplitude 6
Windows Vista X64
Various old Musical toys
My Macro's Kit "C.T.'s MIDI Pattern Builder Kit" Thread:
http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/31843.page
mwright137
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Amen, trout...
I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

MacBook Pro 13. OS X Mavericks - version 10.9.2
StudioLive 16.4.2; StudioLive 328AI (x2)
AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; FireStudio Project (x2)
Studio One 2 Pro 2.6.2 (64 bit)

[WWW]
JamesRS
Presonic
[Avatar]

I'll say this about service, I was asking questions before I bought my board and I got replies even on a saturday evening. And I just don't see things like that anymore
Thank You Presonus

Jim
"It's OK I play a sound man on TV"
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

As a long time user and the resident bigmouth, I fully agree with the sentiments above.

I can cleanly blame to VP of sales at Presonus for getting me into this with his honest and straightforward presentation of their products. Maybe I've consumed the magic Cajun KoolAid but I love this company and am proud to be a part of it in even the capacity that I play here.

Keep up the good work gentlemen!
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]
gadget69
Presonificator
[Avatar]

Well spoken GURU Jon...I too think the level of participation from the Presonus folks is a HUGE benefit to these products...They care and that, in my book, is worth the price of admission!
NOTE: If your having an issue, open a tech support ticket and bring the number here if you want help!

Tools:
OHCI tool and Latency mon:
http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/11348.page

We, the few, that have done so much, for so long that now we can do everyything with nothing

dbx forum moderator

Lenova Ideapad Z565
Best connectivity Express card/firewire 2 port (400) that does NOT suggest having the TI chipset. (always worked great)
BYTECC Express card (400/800)07150358281

Asus/AMD processor tower. This setups just works on all firewire devices.

Belkin N450 dual band router, works with SL and Ai mixers
Studiolive 16:4:2
SL Ai24.4.2
ABUSB 1818VSL
Faderport
USB pre interface
Studio one Pro V2
LABsubs

loads of audio, and studio gear, and audiophile sound gear (gearslut)
[Email] [Yahoo!]
cristofe
Presonoid
[Avatar]

I've owned and used various Presonus products over the years from my first Blue Max to my 1818VSL.
I've only recently become active on these boards and I'm impressed by the advice and responses from
many of the participants. That being said, I've found some responses from both users and Presonus
employees to be both condescending and just plain ill informed. My experience with my 1818VSL is
the absolute pinnacle of this. The concept of the VSL series is great. BUT IMHO it's not fully developed.
The upshot of that has been that many inexperienced users have been absolutely unable to make these
interfaces work. I've read MANY responses from BOTH users and Presonus employees that suggested
that the problems these inexperienced users are having were ENTIRELY their fault. Either they bought
the wrong computer, or don't know how to optimize their system or...or...or......Cut me a friggin' break. I hear
all this talk on this forum about how these users would have no problem if they just bought a Mac because
they "just work"....well guess what....there are many INTERFACES on the market that "just work".

That being said.......if the VSL series "just worked" there would'nt be so many frustrated users
giving up and returning them. I'll say it one more time......PLEASE separate the drivers and VSL
and perhaps less of these units will be returned to the dealers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 29/06/2012 06:56:56

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon Processors, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2
HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz Processor, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro
HP Compaq NC6320 Laptop Intel Core2Duo 2.0Ghz Processor 3GB RAM Win7 Ult
Dell Latitude E4310 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz Processor 4GB RAM Win7 Pro x32

Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & FP10 Firewire, Steinberg MI4 USB, Line 6 Toneport GX & PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's

DAWS/VST Hosts: S1 Professional, Plogue Bidule, Xlutop Chainer, Sieb VSTHost & Savihost

Hardware Synthesizers: Roland SH-32 & XV-3080 RedSound Darkstar XP2, Novation X-Station, Yamaha AN200, M-Audio Venom

Hardware Controllers: JL Cooper CS-10 Control Surface, Yamaha EZ-EG, Dillion Les Paul style acoustic electric guitar with Roland GK-3 pickup and GI-20 converter.

The Rest: Guitars, Amps, Stompboxes, Mics, Outboard Gear, VST plugins...too much to list!
[WWW]
GLJones
Presonic
[Avatar]

cristofe,

You appear to be talking specifically about the Firewire connection and computer requirements. PreSonus lists which cards will work, just as every other manufacturer. This is not a PreSonus issue, it is a failure of the companies making firewire cards to insure compatibility with the Firewire standard.

If you are looking for a trouble free, compatible system, the Mac is the way to go. If you choose a PC, you need to look carefully at the specific hardware they use to insure compatibility. Blaming PreSonus because there are a lot of consumer grade, less than standard firewire cards they don't support is crazy.
Jerry Jones

On the road:
PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2 or 16.0.2
MacBook Pro 15"
iPad
iPhone
QSC K12s
QSC KW-Sub
Sennheiser G3 Wireless Instrument Systems (6)
Sennheiser G3 Wireless Monitor Systems (6)
Studio One 2 Professional

In the Studio:
Mac Mini
Logic Pro 9
Yamaha HS80M Studio Monitors
JBL Sub
Samson C-QUE-8 Headphone Amp

Violectric.net
FretlessRock.com
[WWW] aim icon
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

Hey Jerry,

This ones actually a USB issue. His FireWire is purring like a kitten.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]
GLJones
Presonic
[Avatar]

Cool. I avoid USB for audio at all costs myself.
Jerry Jones

On the road:
MacBook Pro 15"
iPad
iPhone
QSC K12s
QSC KW-Sub
Sennheiser G3 Wireless Instrument Systems (6)
Sennheiser G3 Wireless Monitor Systems (6)

In the Studio:
Mac Mini
Logic Pro 9
Yamaha HS80M Studio Monitors
JBL Sub
Samson C-QUE-8 Headphone Amp

Violectric.net
FretlessRock.com
[WWW] aim icon
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

Just wanted to prevent a verbal battle. No disrespect intended to eithe party. I've got respect for both of ya. You've both earned it.

--MultiBoot System--
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]

Forum Index » Pre-Sales Questions
Go to: