image description

Import a backing track and the best place to get them
  Forum Index » How do I (You fill in the blank)? 
Author
Prenoob

Hi
I'm new to this and just bought the kit to record my daughter. Can anyone tell me the best place to get backing tracks and how to import them into studio one

Many Thanks

Russ
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Plenty of commercial (top 40) backing tracks (if that's what you mean) on the net. Just drop them into an empty song.

Backing Tracks

Alternately, you can search for backing tracks as standard midi files and mix them and get something relatively useful... cheesy guitars aside.

Top 40 Midi Files

If you're just looking to put something together, use the loops that come with Studio One.

Hope that helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2012 15:52:07

Studio One Tips For Newbs

"So.... Bitwig. I wonder what's queued up next in line on the drama list?"
rpb767
Prenoob

Thanks for the reply
What format do they need to be

Russ
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Wav or mp3 or aiff or Flac, doesn't matter really. If you have Artist it won't load mp3 directly though.

May I ask... what kind of backing tracks are you looking to use? Cover songs? I mean, if your kid sings and plays guitar standard midi files will work really well for cover songs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2012 16:08:13

rpb767
Prenoob

Hi
At the moment she's doing covers like Jessie J and Adel. It's all so she can hear her own voice and help her develop.

Russ
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

rpb767 wrote:Hi
At the moment she's doing covers like Jessie J and Adel. It's all so she can hear her own voice and help her develop.
Russ

You should be able to find some free midi files by those artists, though you'll probably have to tweak up the sounds a bit.

P.S. Midi files are actually better for this kinda thing because you can more easily change the musical key, instead of maybe having her stretch trying to sing in a key that's not really in her range. OTOH, commercial Karaoke tracks will sound better.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/05/2012 16:28:49

rpb767
Prenoob

Yeah, been trying to find them online but not had any luck yet. I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction.

Russ
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Here's a quick Adele song attached below, I loaded it in S1 Free. Probably sounds a bit cheesy, dunno, listening on small USB speakers. Got it from here... http://www.free-midi.org/

Song file attached below...

Good luck in your adventures.

adele-rolling_in_the_deep.song
 Description [Disk] Download
 Filesize 85 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  83 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2012 16:50:16

rpb767
Prenoob

That's great

Thanks for all your help

Russ
ccnvdn
Prenoob

LMike wrote:
rpb767 wrote:Hi
Russ

You should be able to find some free midi files by those artists, though you'll probably have to tweak up the sounds a bit.

P.S. Midi files are actually better for this kinda thing because you can more easily change the musical key, instead of maybe having her stretch trying to sing in a key that's not really in her range. OTOH, commercial Karaoke tracks will sound better.

j

Just learning studio artist. Editing midi tracks that I got online. Could you please tell me how to change the key inS1-artist?
scottproaudio
Prenoob
[Avatar]

You can try www.karaoke-version.com. Their files are mp3 but you can buy custom ones in your key and eliminate the parts you will play live. Cost is a couple of bucks per track. The quality is very good. I've used them quite a few times.
Studiolive SL24:4:2
Studiolive SL16:4:2
Firestudio Project
Macbook 15" Pro
HP Win7 X64 Laptop
Linksys w/less routers
iPad 1 and 2
Qmix
SL Remote
VSL
Capture 2
Studio One 2.5Pro
Cakewalk
Cubase
Adobe Audition
RCF, QSC and Quest powered boxes. EAW passive.

[Email] [WWW]
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

There's also actual Karaoke tracks. I used to be a karaoke guy (many moons ago) and I think the top quality ones from Sound Choice and Chartbuster can be purchased online. Just be careful of the licensing laws if you buy them online.
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]

Forum Index » How do I (You fill in the blank)?
Go to: