image description

Problems with FireStudio Project Main Output
  Forum Index » FireStudio Mobile & FireStudio Project 
Author
Prenoob

All,

I have an issue with my FS Project--it seems the Main Output (1) is blatantly louder than Main Output (2). I've known this for a while but it reared it's head again when installing some new monitors and i've had enough. I found out pretty soon that my monitors were not the problem. I A/B's the inputs on two sets of monitors set to the same level relative to one another (Left vs. Right). .same result. I also ran both outs into an analog mixer then out to both sets of monitors. Same issue. Just to add more confirmation I observed the input meters on my mixer and noticed the meter difference. It's DEFINITELY the outputs in my mind.

Anyone else experience this? Is this common for the FS Project? Is it even fixable? Even if this is a 'budget' piece of gear, I wouldn't expect this. I haven't tried this yet, but are the other outputs just as high quality as the Mains? I could just use those in the meantime, as I trying to balance the signal by boosting the level on the monitor from the weak output is not a game I want to play. And it's kinda pissing me off that i upgraded my monitoring setup and it turns out my interface is ruining the party.

Any insight would be appreciated, Thanks!
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

Hi Quest,

This is pretty rare but has happened before on some of the other Firestudio Based devices.

The only way to fix it is to get hold of Tech support and get a ticket in.
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]
allenc3
Presonic

Run Universal Control, check the pans in all channels, make sure there is not one channel with an offset.
S1v2 Pro, 3x FSP, FSM, FaderPort, HP4, Studio: Windows 7 (64), Dell 8300 i7 Quad Core; Remote: S1v1 Pro, 2009 MacBook Pro, 500 GB, 7200 RPM HDD.
quest8222
Prenoob

Thanks allenc3 and Monolithent, I haven't checked the panning in the Universal Control yet, but I did notice that when I turn the main output all the way down (using the physical volume knob on the front panel), there is still sound coming out of one speaker. One time I did it and one side got REALLY loud, for no reason. Strange. I will try to see if the panning is off but it's pretty inconsistent, so i'm thinking the outs are just jacked. Will report back when I try the other outputs. I will be sending this bad boy in regardless though.
fernandoadl
Prenoob

Hi quest.

I seem to have the same problem here, one of the outputs is definitely louder. Is it fixable? Was it expensive to fix?
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

This is what we call a zombie thread. Odds are you'll not get a response from the OP.

If you submit a tech support request they will help you set up an RMA and explain all of the associated costs. It is less expensive than replacing the device.

I'm locking this thread to prevent further zombie sightings.
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]

Forum Index » FireStudio Mobile & FireStudio Project
Go to: