image description

Question about studio 1 artist/ producer and pro before buying
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob

I am just about ready to buy the 44 interface with studio one artist. The guitar center near me is running a special the on the 44. When you buy the interface along with the bundled studio one artist they are including the producer software also. It is my understanding that artist is limited in plugins to the 4 included that are included in the software(no third party) is this correct?

I am ready to go all out and upgrade to Pro but wonder if I would be getting more than i actually need. To give you an idea of what i want to accomplish. I have several MIDI projects with several types of instruments. ranging from electric/acoustic guitars to sax to pianos to cello violins. I am current using an old version of cake walk which I love but it just does not have the sound capability the newer DAWS. I am a bass player who can do some guitar (no leads) and some keyboard. In some cases I want just to bring the different sequences to life with the software instruments. In other cases I want to use the parts I have written and then take my laptop to other musicians and have them add to my parts or replace them.

So in short. I need
Portability
good software instruments
Good a good recording interface itself.

Last thing is I do the majority of my MIDI writing (Notation/Score). I will usually take my bass part and score it then use the base line to build guitar and piano chord structure then go back and record my bass line. Does studio one have this scoring capability if so does it work well?

Sorry for the long post but this a big purchase for me and I have spent a lot of time trying to get info form the dealers at the different music stores and most of the employees don't seem to be know much about any of the software. I have got them telling me several things that are not true.
bdunn829
Presonic

I don't know about the scoring but Producer would do what you want it to do otherwise. Pro adds the projects page, CD burining, and a few other bells and whistles that aren't crucial to what you want to do. 3rd party plugins are not supported at all in Artist but they are in Producer and Pro.

Studio 1 comes with decent instruments but as always... 3rd party will add specialty instruments and patches that just don't come with a DAW.

Hope that helps
www.olivebranchpro.com
www.landonlanestudios.com

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Core i7, 8 GB, 10.8.4
Studio One 2 Pro
StudioLive 24.4.2
FireStudio Project (x2)
AudioBox 22VSL
FirePod

My goal is excellence in my professional life, that much more excellence I should give back to the Lord.
crow
Presonic
[Avatar]

get the pro ur be happy u did i was once in your shoes and when i got s1v2 pro i was happy no regrets its like having ur cake and eating it 2
LIFE IS A SCHOOL! SO TELL ME WHAT DID YOU LEARN?

tc electronics impact twin, at 4040, Mackie MR5mk2 Reference Monitor, Studio One V2
[WWW]
kelldammit
Presonic
[Avatar]

There is no scoring in s1, and I'm really not sure there ever will be.
otherwise, if you're getting a free upgrade to producer, that should work out great for you.
if you require the mastering page later, you can always just jump to pro then. the upgrade costs are very reasonable.

kell
Some people are like slinkies. They don't have a purpose, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
--
Lenovo e520, i5 @2.3ghz, 8gb Ram, 7200rpm hd, win7 pro x64, studio 1 v2 pro x64, focusrite saffire usb-6, akai mpk-61.
[WWW]
imbassman
Prenoob

Thanks guys, The nice thing is I can still get the basic scoring in Cakewalk then do the neat stuff in s1.

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: