image description

need help how to get zero latency monitoring using studio one pro on studiolive 24.4.2?
  Forum Index » 24.4.2 
Author
Prenoob
[Avatar]

Hi studiolive users i need help. How to i activate the zero monitoring using studio one pro on studiolive 24.4.2? i manage to solve the problem for a while buy shutting of the monitor toggle on studio one pro... problem is the singer wants to have a bit of reverb on his vocal. when i activate the monitoring on studio one pro he could hear latency? pls help me to solve the problem. thank you
[Email]
GLJones
Presonic
[Avatar]

Use an AUX to send the vocals to the singer's monitors and use the built-in effects to provide a bit of reverb. Record the vocal track directly without the effect for later processing.
Jerry Jones

On the road:
PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2 or 16.0.2
MacBook Pro 15"
iPad
iPhone
QSC K12s
QSC KW-Sub
Sennheiser G3 Wireless Instrument Systems (6)
Sennheiser G3 Wireless Monitor Systems (6)
Studio One 2 Professional

In the Studio:
PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2 or 16.0.2
Mac Mini
Studio One 2 Professional
Logic Pro 9
Yamaha HS80M Studio Monitors
JBL Sub
Samson C-QUE-8 Headphone Amp

Violectric.net
FretlessRock.com
[WWW] aim icon
MikeRivers
Presonoid
[Avatar]

You don't get zero latency monitoring through Studio One, you get it through the console. The effect processor in the console is for exactly that purpose - so you can add reverb to a source without even having a computer connected.

I assume you're sending the singer a headphone mix using one or two Aux outputs. Make sure that the track that you're recording does not contribute to the mix that you're sending to the singer's headphones. You can do that by muting the track in the DAW's mixer or, if you're making the headphone mix on the StudioLive from individual tracks coming back from the mixer, just don't put that track in the monitor mix. Listen to it from the channel you're using as the input.

What you'll need to do is send the FX return to the singer's headphones by double-punching the Mix button for the Aux Send that's going to the singer's headphones and turn up the pot for that FX processor. Since you have a 24, you'll see the label if you know what to look for. Someone just posted a photo here earlier today. I'll stick a copy of it in here if I find it while I'm remembering it. Here it is:

Pots 5 and 6 are the returns from FX-A and FX-B respectively.

So once you're set up like that, you can then just adjust the FX send for the singer's channel until he hears enough reverb in his phones.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/01/2012 03:08:42

Visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com for some useful audio info
"It's much easier to look for a magic solution than it is to adapt to reality." - Allan Sloan
[WWW]
pgyusri
Prenoob
[Avatar]

thats great thanks guys! i'll give it a try!
[Email]

Forum Index » 24.4.2
Go to: