image description

So this is a bit insane...
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Presonic
[Avatar]

I know....this is the S1 forum....but considering the value (how much you get) with Logic....This is a pretty smart move. Maybe the pricing will push down the cost of other DAW's. I'm not complaining or anything...just saying....

http://www.loopinsight.com/2011/12/08/logic-pro-mainstage-released-on-the-mac-app-store/
MAC: MBP i7 (quad) 2.0 Lion (early 2011)
Audio: Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 | TonePortUX2 | MBox2 Mini

Soft: S1v2.6.2 | Cubase 6.5 | Live 8 | various plugs
Hard: M-Audio Axiom 61 (1st gen) & O2 & Mini32

Toys: ESP LTD EC-1000 | Schecter Tempest Custom | Gibson LP Studio | Epiphone MIC LP & T+ | Blackstar Ht-5R & HTV112 | Vox VT20+ | Dean Custom Zone Green Bass | Yamaha P95 | NI Maschine mk2 | Waldorf Pulse 2
2cthetruth
Presonic

link is working.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/12/2011 07:41:46

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel 2500k
Asus P8p67 M/B
8 Gig RAM
Studio One 64 Bit
Echo Gina G3 Interface
brandywein
Prenoob

Nothing wrong with Logic, even if they gave it way for 0.99. In my opinion S1 has nicer workflow features though.

But if it is true that you get all the Apple Loops when you buy Mainstage for 29 bucks that would be a good deal for S1 users. Because you can pre-listen and open Apple Loops from the S1 file browser!! The path is /Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/
sunmachine
Presonoid
[Avatar]

illumin wrote:I know....this is the S1 forum....but considering the value (how much you get) with Logic....This is a pretty smart move. Maybe the pricing will push down the cost of other DAW's. I'm not complaining or anything...just saying....

http://www.loopinsight.com/2011/12/08/logic-pro-mainstage-released-on-the-mac-app-store/

Well, you must take into account that there will probably no upgrade prices for Logic in the future. So when you buy Logic 9 now from the App Store for $199 and want to upgrade to Logic 10 when it's available, you have to pay another $199 (or whatever the price then will be). Even if you bought the previous version one day before...!?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/12/2011 11:16:57

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | Mac OS X 10.6 | Studio One 2 Professional, 32 Bit
Sonic Core SCOPE | Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz | Windows XP@8 GB Compact Flash Card
tc electronic Impact Twin | novation Remote 61SL Mk II

Get 5 GB free GOBBLER space in the cloud for your DAW projects! For Mac and PC
[WWW]
litesnsirens
Presonic
[Avatar]

Yup, exactly what I was thinking they are taking page from the Presonus book. Remember barely over a month ago Studio One was on sale for half price, right up until v2 came out. Personally I think it's a brilliant strategy, the price for buying the deal and then upgrading isn't anymore than waiting for the new version (in this case it was less) but in the meantime you can attract new users with the amazing price. Personally though, I could care less about Logic X now, I'm done with Logic altogether. I'm much happier here with Studio One.
Kevin Neill
Studio One V2.0.4
2011 Macbook 2.0 GHz i7 Quadcore
8Gig RAM
Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2
Melodyne Editor 2.1
Native Instruments Komplete 8 Ultimate
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

Also understand that if you want the full Logic Studio package, you'll have to do some additional purchases in terms of content etc.
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
Photo_G
Presonic

Hi,

Has anyone confirmed that you can download the AppleLoops seperately from MainStage (on Windows)? I'd like to get these loops, but I don't even have a Mac to try to do the in-app download.

Thanks,
G

brandywein wrote:
But if it is true that you get all the Apple Loops when you buy Mainstage for 29 bucks that would be a good deal for S1 users. Because you can pre-listen and open Apple Loops from the S1 file browser!! The path is /Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/
Windows 7 x64 (SP1) : AMD Athlon II X4 630
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (512 RAM)
8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM x2
PreSonus Studio One Pro v2.01
PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL
Behringer BCF2000
Yamaha KX8
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

And also remember the pricing of S1 Producer, which is in a similar price range. Anyway, I'm happy with S1 and I'm certainly not switching

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

[WWW] [MSN]
illumin
Presonic
[Avatar]

Actually its not a temporary price to prepare for an upgrade fee. I mean, yes, when X comes out, you'll have to upgrade. After researching....they've taking some elements out and made them available as separate products (such as Mainstage), and/or made it part of another one of their products like Compressor in Final Cut. They're not delivering any more boxed versions other than one is still available at the store so they're cutting the costs there since obviously anyone that is shopping for Logic, is on a Mac (not talking about Hackintoshs) and so of course App Store is available. It'd be kind of like we were all Chrome or Chromebook users, and did all of our app shopping on the Chrome Web Store. Also, all of the Jampacks will be downloaded within the program, just like S1 did for their content.

BTW...I'm not making a "Apple is doing something better" argument. There's still a few of us that work in multiple platforms. So having an option like this to be able to get that platform at a minimal fee is nice, and having similar options of not getting the bloat in the box. I myself have been purely working in S1 since v2, but occasionally I still fire up Live or Cubase for midi features or workflow features that I still need in there. Plus, a lot of my buddies still work in different platforms, especially Logic and Cubase, so something like this opens the door for me to be able to collaborate better. I do a lot of electronic music, so a vast of the people I know tend to use Logic and Cubase and are completely content with it whether its a bandwagon thing or whatever. I'm actually quite content with it also. I'm still used to doing tons of key commands so Logic and Cubase are still quick for me. Even though drag and drop is nice, and I've been accustomed to that through Live since 2005, I often times can work just as fast in Logic and Cubase as I do in S1. Of course that's not say doing certain functions are quicker in S1 than other platforms.

But anyway...neat stuff anyway. I doubt this will "distract" any S1 users. Just something else to share. Definitely smart move on the Apple App Store though for the mac users. I work in multi-platforms and am a happy user as is, and again....I'm a mostly happy camper enjoying S1v2 everyday!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/12/2011 22:00:44

Toys: ESP LTD EC-1000 | Schecter Tempest Custom | Gibson LP Studio | Epiphone MIC LP & T+ | Blackstar Ht-5R & HTV112 | Vox VT20+ | Dean Custom Zone Green Bass | Yamaha P95 | NI Maschine mk2 | Waldorf Pulse 2
illumin
Presonic
[Avatar]

Sorry Motoko for being redundant. I was typing as you were posting I guess!!!

Jampack loops are in Apple format...you would just need to be able to convert them or have them readable on the PC I believe.

Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

illumin wrote:Sorry Motoko for being redundant. I was typing as you were posting I guess!!!

Jampack loops are in Apple format...you would just need to be able to convert them or have them readable on the PC I believe.

No problem.

AIFF can be read by S1 on PC as well. But to download the Jam Packs you'll have to have Logic. The content is distributed as an in-app download. AFAIK.

[WWW] [MSN]
illumin
Presonic
[Avatar]

Motoko wrote:
illumin wrote:Sorry Motoko for being redundant. I was typing as you were posting I guess!!!

No problem.

AIFF can be read by S1 on PC as well. But to download the Jam Packs you'll have to have Logic. The content is distributed as an in-app download. AFAIK.

If you get Mainstage, you can get all the Jampacks from within their too according to the article. Not too bad for $30.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/12/2011 22:09:53

sunmachine
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Motoko wrote:AIFF can be read by S1 on PC as well.

No, according to another post, Apple Loops can't be used on PC:
http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/14296.page#97116
The quoted detailed feature list doesn't exist anymore but I don't think this has been changed in Version 2.
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | Mac OS X 10.6 | Studio One 2 Professional, 32 Bit
Sonic Core SCOPE | Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz | Windows XP@8 GB Compact Flash Card
tc electronic Impact Twin | novation Remote 61SL Mk II

Get 5 GB free GOBBLER space in the cloud for your DAW projects! For Mac and PC
[WWW]
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

sunmachine wrote:

The quoted detailed feature list doesn't exist anymore but I don't think this has been changed in Version 2.

Apple loops are in CAF format? Not AIFF?

[WWW] [MSN]
illumin
Presonic
[Avatar]

Motoko wrote:
sunmachine wrote:

Apple loops are in CAF format? Not AIFF?

oh wow they are....i just checked the garageband ones in the library....they used to be aiff before on my older mac with GB.

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: