image description

Did We Really Get The "Komplete" Elements or Not?
  Forum Index » Studio One Forum Community Support 
Author
Presonic

I downloaded the bundled Komplete Elements with Studio One 2, and the download and registration seemed to work well, with only a few minor hitches. The gb total for the download seemed about right too. Tonight, though, I was watching some Youtube reviews of Elements, and the reviewer had a lot more instruments in his Kontakt Elements library than I have.(I am not talking here about the seperately downloadable free "Factory Selection" library). For example, under the "Band--Horns" heading I was missing the "Sax Session". And under "Band--Organs", he had 4 different ones, and I only have1. I could go on with other examples. Does anyone else have these missing? Is it possible that we were supposed to receive an abridged version? Thx. for any help.
Separate 32 and 64 bit installations of Studio One 2.6 Prof.: 15" Lenovo 2.4 i7 W530 laptop w/8gb RAM, 1920 X 1080 screen rez; Windows 7 64 Bit SP1. Backup computer same brand and specs., other than it is E520 dual core, i5 with 1366 X 768 screen rez.
LAGinz
Presonic

Just heard back from NI on this and they confirmed that the "Kontakt Elements R2" library that comes bundled with Studio One 2 is smaller than the retail "Kontakt Elements" library. The R2 Kontakt library includes about 59 instruments, but can be supplemented for free with an additional 50 from the "Kontakt Factory Selection" library, available for download on the NI site,
Separate 32 and 64 bit installations of Studio One 2.6 Prof.: 15" Lenovo 2.4 i7 W530 laptop w/8gb RAM, 1920 X 1080 screen rez; Windows 7 64 Bit SP1. Backup computer same brand and specs., other than it is E520 dual core, i5 with 1366 X 768 screen rez.
sunmachine
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Thanks for the info!
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | Mac OS X 10.6 | Studio One 2 Professional, 32 Bit
Sonic Core SCOPE | Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz | Windows XP@8 GB Compact Flash Card
tc electronic Impact Twin | novation Remote 61SL Mk II

Get 5 GB free GOBBLER space in the cloud for your DAW projects! For Mac and PC
[WWW]
madpsyance
Prenoob

I just did the Elements install, but I can't find the Reaktor Player! Is this not included? If so what am I doing wrong?
LAGinz
Presonic

It's included. Should be there. I think default location for app. is under Programs--Native Instuments--Reaktor......
Texas Willie
Presonoid
[Avatar]

LAGinz wrote:Just heard back from NI on this and they confirmed that the "Kontakt Elements R2" library that comes bundled with Studio One 2 is smaller than the retail "Kontakt Elements" library. The R2 Kontakt library includes about 59 instruments, but can be supplemented for free with an additional 50 from the "Kontakt Factory Selection" library, available for download on the NI site,

Can you post a link for the additional content? Checked in NI Service Center and no additional content is there.

TW

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/11/2011 23:47:50

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile x 2
Studio One Pro DAW v2.6
Yamaha DGX 220 Keyboard
Yamaha DTXplorer Drums
Akai MPK49 Midi Controller
M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Controller
Boss BR-600 Digital Recorder
Guitar Rig Kontrol Pedal Board
Native Instruments Komplete 9
Epiphone Wildcat Semi-Hollow A/E
Breedlove Custom Studio A/E Guitar
Fender 12 String Acoustic/Electric
Fender American Stratocaster
TC-Helicon Harmony G
Sennheiser HD280 Pro Headphones

Windows 8 x64, SIIG PCIe DP Firewire 800 3 port card.

MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.8

AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core 2.30 GHz; 8 GB Ram
Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb SSD-For O/S and Programs
Western Digital 1TB HDD x 2
Western Digital 1.5 TB HDD
[WWW]
madpsyance
Prenoob

LAGinz wrote:It's included. Should be there. I think default location for app. is under Programs--Native Instuments--Reaktor......

I just d/l'd reaktor player from the ni site and tried to install and it said it couldn't because I already had the full version of reaktor. I was actually hoping to use the player as I would assume it to be less of a resource hog than the full version...also I'm trying to limit my options so I can focus on composition rather than the urge to play with virtual wires...I know, I know 1st world problem, right?
madpsyance
Prenoob

Well, the Kore player isn't there either, and I definitely don't have the full version of Kore.
sunmachine
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Texas Willie wrote:Can you post a link for the additional content? Checked in NI Service Center and no additional content is there.

Didn't try it but looks promising: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/kontakt-5-player/?page=2483
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | Mac OS X 10.6 | Studio One 2 Professional, 32 Bit

[WWW]
LAGinz
Presonic

Hey, sunmachine, that link may work, but I think the one I found was specific to the Kontakt 4 player (which is in our bundle) rather than 5. I'm sure it has the same sounds in it as the 4 edition, but if someone also has Kore loaded they may want to be careful. A few months ago,before V2, I thought it would be a good idea to download the free Kontakt 5 player with its own free sounds, and the Factory Selection that was available for it----as a kind of "companion" to my Presonus Kore bundle. Unfortunately the companions did not play well together. While Kontakt 5 and its Factory Selection worked fine on their own, the new sounds also showed up in the Kore Player, resulting in multiple fatal crashes when clicked on. Apparently, there was a problem due to certain shared files. By the time I found some esoteric fix in the NI forums, I had already gotten rid of the 5 Player and its Factory Selection. Interestingly, I've found that the "4" Factory Selection, has also downloaded its content into Kore and Kontakt "4", but the entries in the Kore Player work, and do not cause crashes
sunmachine
Presonoid
[Avatar]

LAGinz wrote:Hey, sunmachine, that link may work, but I think the one I found was specific to the Kontakt 4 player (which is in our bundle) rather than 5.

Now I'm confused since PreSonus says that version 5 is bundled with Studio One... ?

Native Instruments Komplete Elements, which is bundled with Studio One Professional and Producer, provides a comprehensive selection of production-ready sounds and effects.

This collection contains over 3 GB of material with over 1,000 sounds – all carefully compiled to provide a strong toolkit for the widest-possible range of production tasks. There are acoustic drums, electronic beats, orchestral strings, and a wide range of synthesizers, as well as guitar-amp simulation and an array of creative studio effects – in short, a fully equipped and ready-to-roll production suite.

Komplete Players is bundled with Studio One Artist, and brings you three powerful audio platforms from Native Instruments, ready to use in your studio or on stage: Reaktor 5 Player, Guitar Rig 5 Player, and Kontakt 5 Player. The included libraries provide over 300 high-quality sounds and effects (600 MB worth!), ranging from futuristic synthesizers to edgy drum rhythms, stage-ready keys, versatile amp emulations, effects, and much more.

[WWW]
LAGinz
Presonic

Hmmm. Either Presonus made some typos, or my set is somehow wrong. I verified, both through the names of program files and the actual names of programs now listed on my control panel (Windows 7), that the following NI Players were downloaded as part of the Elements bundle: Guitar Rig 4, Kontakt 4 and Reaktor 5. Has anyone else found different results?
lukenyman
Prenoob

I'm also confused about the version included in the S1v2Pro.

In the install it is clearly
- Kontakt 4
- Reaktor 5
- Guitar Rig 4

I've been reading the contents info on the site again and am wondering if it's like this for the "elements" package, & all version 5 for the "players" package that comes with S1v2Artist. A bit sneaky writing blurb if that's the case, although I wonder if there is much difference between v4 & v5.

I've sent a message to Presonus & will write again when if I get a clear answer.
Macbook Pro & Bootcamp XP
SO v2 Full version
Melodyne Assistant
Zoom R16 + Line 6 Toneport UX2
Korg PadKontrol + NanoKontrol
Behringer BCR2000
Adam A7 Monitors
Soundcraft Spirit Folio Desk
Korg SV1 keyboard
There's more, but I wouldn't want to bore you....
[WWW]
McGraw317
Prenoob
[Avatar]

I've just recovered from this problem as well. I simply had to rethink the way I was installing plugins. No more default install paths. I created a 64 bit & 32 bit install directory and re-installed all to those directories. Everything shows up as intended. I'm still trying to resort my database and banks, but all is there.

Kontakt 4, Guitar Rig 4, Reaktor 5.

You should do a search on your HDs to find the application. On windows 7 just hit the start button and type the exe name. Right click on the found result and choose properties. One of the tabs should tell you the target directory.
Switch 810 x14 air | OCZ 850w pGold PSU | Asus P8 Z77 Deluxe MB | i7 3770K OC watercooled | 16gb Intel 2133 ram | 2x MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680 4gb | SSD + HDDs | Creative 7.1 + 5.1 | 2x 27" Asus VG278H 3D Panels | Win 7 HP sp1 | AudioBox USB | Novation Impulse 49 | S1 Pro

Forum Index » Studio One Forum Community Support
Go to: