image description

Open AIR advice
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob

OK, I'm new to convolution reverbs, but I like the idea. I do understand that things are different --- for instance, as I understand it, there's already some pre-delay in the Impulse response, so you set things up a little differently.

When working with Room reverb, I usually set up a reverb FX bus and use it as a send. In fact, on Room Reverb, there are settings explicitly for this where the mix is 100% wet. I've tried this on the Open AIR 'verb, and when I set the mix to 100%, different impulses give very different results than I expected (different levels, etc.), to the point where I wonder if this is not the expected workflow for a convolution reverb.

Any thoughts? How do you use Open AIR (or other convolution reverbs)?
---
S1 Pro 2.0.5
SL 16.4.2
MacBook Pro 15" (2010) 2.53 GHz Core i5
8Gb 1067 MHz RAM; 500Gb 7200 RPM internal drive
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
thevelvetconspiracy
Prenoob

the interesting thing for me is I use it more as a sound design tool- you can completely reshape sounds using simply impulse responses you can download for free online. add filters to the mix and you can take a generic sound and create something unique you'd have never expected before.

www.stereospread.com
www.facebook.com/stereospread
www.soundcloud.com/stereospread
[WWW]
MR4Y
Presonoid

Generaly, you don't use convolution reverbs at 100% wet.
HP G42 | AMD Athlon II P340 | 2Gb RAM | HD 320 Gb | Windows 7 Home Basic x64
Presonus Studio One Artist 2.0.4 x86 | MAGIX Samplitude Silver Soundcloud Edition
Line 6 POD XT Live

How can anyone call something so divisive a community?
[WWW] [MSN]
MickH
Prenoob
[Avatar]

MR4Y wrote:Generaly, you don't use convolution reverbs at 100% wet.

I think GMGB_bass was refering to using an instance of the reverb plug-in as a send effect where 100% wet would be the norm.

Rgds,
Mick.
eike
Preamp
[Avatar]

the resulting volume depends on the level over time of both signals (i.e. input and IR). this can not be predicted nicely. so you'll need to adjust the fx-channels level.
May the voodoo be with you!
[ StudioOne Developer DSP ]

Performance FAQ

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: