image description

Studio one vs ProTools 11
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Baconator
[Avatar]

Let me make it simple for the lesser minds.

STUDIO ONE SOUNDS BETTER, DAMMIT!!!!

There! It's now official!

(ain't I a stinker?)

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

You are a stinker Batman. lol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/06/2013 05:30:12

Studio One Tips For Newbs

"So.... Bitwig. I wonder what's queued up next in line on the drama list?"
Daw stew
Presonic
[Avatar]

i actually think now is the perfect time for Presonus to deliver a big blow to Avid. The total mess over the Pace licensing process has left many PT users angry and a lot are venting their frustration at Avid and Pace (ilok)
This would be Presonus's chance to get some of these pissed off PT guys over to Studio One, offer them a fantastic crossgrade opportunity, make it far too tempting for them to upgrade from PT10 to PT11

Avid really treats its customers like they would never leave and because of this they take a gamble. Here's your chance Presonus to make inroads into a competitor.
Windows 7 x64
Core2Duo E4300 Cpu
4gb DDR2 RAM
ASUS P5B-E motherboard
Nvidia graphics card
vondersulzburg
Presonic
[Avatar]

But then StudioOne has to work on the GUI.

It is so ugly gray.

min.: 8 fixed basic layouts with a little bit of user defined color shades like Ableton
or skins like dp8

and a posibility to define user specific trackcolors and store them as colorpresets.
MacBook Air OSX 10.8.4 4GB Ram 256 GB SSD + 27"Monitor, IPAD2 , StudioOne pro, Cubase 7.5, LogicX, Bitwig Studio, Ableton Live 9Suite, Celemony editor, u-he, Waves , line6 plugins, ... Hagstrom guitars, Korg Stage Piano, CI2+, apogee jam, Line6 guitarport.
MarkusHassold
Presonoid
[Avatar]

Has the show yet begun?

Presonus Firestudio Tube,
Presonus Firestudio Project
(w. Universal Control 1.7.1 - 1.7.2 has a bug!)
Presonus Inspire 1394, Faderport, Bluetube DP, HP 4, Bluemax.....
MacBookPro 4.1, 17" ( late 2008 ),
2,5 GHz Core2Duo, 4 GB RAM, MacOS 10.9.1
External harddisc (3.5" - 7200 rpm) with eSATA connection through a Sonnet express-card.
Presonus Studio One Pro 2.6.1
Celemony Melodyne editor 2.1.2
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

MarkusHassold wrote:Has the show yet begun?

Lol. I personally find "Ginger vs. Mary Ann" much more interesting.

Waveformbakery
Presonic
[Avatar]

Pro Tools 11 has "Offline Bounce".

We've come long way from 1999.
Mac Pro 8-Core Early 2008 | 16GB | OSX 10.9.2 Klein & Hummel O300 | RME Fireface 800 | Logic X | Presonus Studio One | Chandler Germanium Pair | Avalon 2055 EQ | Eventide Eclipse | Roland Space Echo RE-201 | AKG BX-22E Spring Tank | Tapco 4400A Spring Reverb | Korg Mono/Poly | Roland Juno-60 |
[Email] [WWW] [MSN]
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Waveformbakery wrote:Pro Tools 11 has "Offline Bounce".

Let's not unfairly bash. PT has - a good bit of good stuff - that Studio One doesn't have yet so we don't really wanna go down that road.

Having said that, and having installed and currently using the PTHD 11 demo to make sure my impressions of it are fair and have some rational basis, offline bounce there isn't fully baked yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 27/06/2013 15:43:54

Waveformbakery
Presonic
[Avatar]

LMike wrote:
Waveformbakery wrote:Pro Tools 11 has "Offline Bounce".

Let's not unfairly bash. PT has - a good bit of good stuff - that Studio One doesn't have yet so we don't really wanna go down that road.

Having said that, and having installed and currently using the PTHD 11 demo to make sure my impressions of it are fair and have some rational basis, offline bounce there isn't fully baked yet.

Hehe, yeah. Actually it was a joke.

I've always treated DAWs as a tools, and i feel all the "vs." threads are kind of funny. Every DAW out there will get the job done. Different manufacturers will have difference on the support, price and of course features, but all of these products will definitely get the job done!. I've worked with Logic, Cubase and Studio One (i don't count trackers as Fast Tracker 2.08 as a DAW, but yeah i've demoscene/tracker past). I don't even have PT experience, so who i'm to bash it . It looks good, Dave Pensado works on it, and that dude delivers!.
Mac Pro 8-Core Early 2008 | 16GB | OSX 10.9.2 Klein & Hummel O300 | RME Fireface 800 | Logic X | Presonus Studio One | Chandler Germanium Pair | Avalon 2055 EQ | Eventide Eclipse | Roland Space Echo RE-201 | AKG BX-22E Spring Tank | Tapco 4400A Spring Reverb | Korg Mono/Poly | Roland Juno-60 |
[Email] [WWW] [MSN]
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Yeah, I know you were kinda joking which is why I put in the smileys.

Anyway, before my demo period is over I'll probably do some gifs or videos of some of the PT automation features, some handy stuff that S1 could really benefit from going forward.

keys88
Presonic

LMike wrote:
MarkusHassold wrote:Has the show yet begun?

Lol. I personally find "Ginger vs. Mary Ann" much more interesting.

Marcia Brady vs Laurie Partridge
Studio One Professional
Windows 8 x64
i7 950 Gigabyte x58a-UD3R
6Gig Corsair
Qty 4 1TB each Seagate Barracuda
Nvidia GT-240
Roland UM-2G MIDI interface
Delta 66
Faderport, Mackie MCU Pro Control Surface
Event ASP8
KrK K-RoK
Roland RD-700 / Rd-150 keyboards
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

Halle Berry vs. Angelina Jolie

thunderkyss
Prenoob

About a year ago I had to go out of town, but wanted to write in the hotel room, so I bought an Audio/Midi interface that would allow me to record live guitar against midi generated drums & bass. I bought an audiobox 22vsl.

I already had Sonar 5 loaded on my laptop & Komplete8 so I didn't load any of the software that came with the audiobox.

A few months ago I bought an Eleven Rack, because I had been waiting forever for someone to make a guitar effects processor that can be used like a plugin. It just happen to come with PT10.

One thing leads to another, a lot of internet chat about Studio One piques my curiosity, so I find my StudioOneArtist CD, load it up &... I can't use it with Komplete8. Not as a VST, not RTAS, not audio unit, not rewire. My primary writing tool cannot be used with StudioOneArtist.

I could spend a measily $100 to gain that feature, but why would I? I can use it with Sonar, I can use it with ProTools 10. And only ProTools allows me to load my processor settings directly into a guitar track.
LMike
Baconator
[Avatar]

thunderkyss wrote: I can use it with Sonar, I can use it with ProTools 10. And only ProTools allows me to load my processor settings directly into a guitar track.

The thread - as relatively silly as these kinds of vs threads always are - is PT 11 vs. Studio One Professional.

I could spend a measily $100 to gain that feature, but why would I?

No clue. Did someone suggest you should? Use what works for you.

hibidy
Presonoid

This this is so CIVIL! Congratulations!

If this was kvr it would have devolved into a poo slinging contest and probably be locked.
New computer:

2.6.1/win7x64/SSD os and library/i7 4770/16GB ram

Focusrite saffire 14/Novation impulse 49/tons of VST goodies

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: