image description

Studio One High CPU usage.
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Presonic
[Avatar]

Hey Jonathan,

Is there a "recommended" way to set the pagefile/virtual memory for S1? As in the correct size or which internal drive to put it on?
http://wilkesin.bandcamp.com
Win 8.1 | Intel i5-2500k | MSI Mobo | 12 Gigs RAM | Studio One v2 Pro | Reaper 4
jjscountry
Prenoob

iam having these same isssues in the performance reading, ihave a cpu meter in my desktop thats ben going up really high setting idel,
i think my virous protection is workin good,but should it b this gud,worlds to explore,but studio one is inopertive until engaged at desktop,
i have studio 2 pro,jus got it optimized,windows 7 of course,had some blue screen of death issues going on ,sound card drivers,and my
midi controller driver issues,7,has great graphics,optimizing in the panel is amust,a trade off 4 better performance,frm better visuel,but it wrks all the better,happy production,friends,let the games began,jmze.
reginaldec
Presonic
[Avatar]

I do see some increased use when idling with no instruments when compared with my Sonar X1. S1 used to run leaner than it does now.

Using 32b version, 4gb ram.
Cheers,

Reginald K.Son
www.reginaldkson.com
[WWW]
roymassie
Prenoob

I am seeing the CPU jump to 100% and peg there if I use Room Reverb on more than just a few tracks. This is with Studio One V2 Pro, 64bit. I am running on Windows 7 with an AMD E-450 (1.65GHz) and 4Gig of Ram (about 2 Gig free when this occurs) . If I bypass the reverb on a few tracks I can get the CPU idle % down to about 82%, and the software becomes usable again. I am using the Windows performance meter to track the CPU, not anything else. S1 V2 Pro 64bit has run beautifully for a few projects ever since I recently got this PC, but the Room Reverb will cause the playback and recordings to drag and sound like an old cassettte tape that has been stretched - it is not usable at all when this occurs. Hope to see this corrected soon as the reverb effect sounds good. I am a computer pro by day. If I can be of further assistance to Presonus in isolating or testing fixes to this issue, they should feel free to contact me, I would be happy to help however I can.
Janusz Grzybek
Presonic
[Avatar]

roymassie wrote:I am seeing the CPU jump to 100% and peg there if I use Room Reverb on more than just a few tracks. This is with Studio One V2 Pro, 64bit. I am running on Windows 7 with an AMD E-450 (1.65GHz) and 4Gig of Ram (about 2 Gig free when this occurs) . If I bypass the reverb on a few tracks I can get the CPU idle % down to about 82%, and the software becomes usable again. I am using the Windows performance meter to track the CPU, not anything else. S1 V2 Pro 64bit has run beautifully for a few projects ever since I recently got this PC, but the Room Reverb will cause the playback and recordings to drag and sound like an old cassettte tape that has been stretched - it is not usable at all when this occurs. Hope to see this corrected soon as the reverb effect sounds good. I am a computer pro by day. If I can be of further assistance to Presonus in isolating or testing fixes to this issue, they should feel free to contact me, I would be happy to help however I can.

Yes, Room Reverb is CPU hungry ... but actually all reverbs require lot of CPU power.
You could open Room Reverb interface and change "Quality" setting to "Perform". It should reduce CPU usage about 40 - 50 % for this plug-in. However, you need listen if this quality is good for you.

Janusz
Unofficial support of Polish Language Pack for PreSonus Studio One

Hardware gear:
Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Muse Receptor Pro, Novation Supernova, Kawai K5000W, Nektar Panorama P4, TC Electronic FireworX, Behringer BCR 2000, Yamaha RM1X, Alesis RA-300, Yamaha NS-10, couple mics.

Computers:
Custom rack mounted PC - CPU i7 2700K, Asus P8P67 Deluxe, 16 GB RAM DDR3 Kingston HyperX 1600 MHZ, SSD 120 GB Samsung 840 Series (OS, software), SSD 250 GB Samsung 840 Series (VST data, recent projects, often used samples), HDD WD Caviar Blue 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM (old projects, samples, backups, etc.), Asus HD 6450 Silent, Touchscreen monitor Dell 22'', Windows 8 32-bit.
Laptop HP DV7-2140eg - Core 2 Quad, 8 GB RAM, 2 x 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA II HDD, Windows 7 64-bit.

DAW & VST:
Studio One Pro 2, FL Studio Producer 11, Celemony Melodyne Editor 2,Toontrack Superior Drummer 2 + SDX Metal Foundry, EZdrummer + EZX Electronic, FXpansion Geist, U-he Zebra 2.5, KV331 Audio SynthMaster 2.6, Camel Audio Plug-in Bundle, Synapse Audio Dune, Rob Papen Blade, Cakewalk Z3TA+, Rapture, Dimension Pro, Magix Independence Pro Suite 3, Wusikstation 7, AMG Beat Producer, Kirnu Cream, Sugar Bytes Guitarist, Turnado, Effectrix, NI Guitar Pro Rig 5, Nomad Magma, iZotope Ozone 5, IK Multimedia T-Racks 3 Standard, DNR MixControl Pro 1.5, SFX Machine Pro, lot of freeware VSTi and FX.
rlenial
Prenoob

same issue with CPU usage. The project was in S1 V1, and worked fine. I had a few sample beat looped in, and about 8 audio tracks recording. After that, I never plugged back in the Audiobox USB again for a month. I just added effects and virtual instruments. Now I'm up to more than 20 tracks with lots of effects added. Everything played fine through windows. Today it was time to add some more audio tracks so I plugged back in the Audiobox USB. As soon as it was added back, the CPU usage went through the roof. I even tried going back to windows for the audio and it still the project has turned to garbage with snapping, crackling, distortion, and even playing a a much lower than set speed. Could simply plugging in the Audiobox USB make everything go so wrong and stay that way? I tried turning off all the effects, and with all of them off it improves but still crackles and has too much usage.
rlenial
Prenoob

I also upgraged in the middle of the project to S1 V2 artist.
wkundrus
Presonic
[Avatar]

You should look at the audio setup. I assume the sample buffer size is too low for the load of your song. Increase that to something like 1024 and see, if that helps.
SL1602, FireStudioTube, AudioBox 1818, UAD-2 Duo
MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, MacPro 8 Core Nehalem OSX 10.7, Windows 7 on Quadcore
Readdy
Prenoob

Hi if I upgrade v200.00 to v2.06.00 should it show that when I launch stone onev2?
Readdy
Prenoob

Studio one v2..
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Readdy wrote:Hi if I upgrade v200.00 to v2.06.00 should it show that when I launch stone onev2?

Yes! It should show it at the bottom of the start page. See the pic below
Version of Studio one.jpg
[Thumb - Version of Studio one.jpg]
 Description [Disk] Download
 Filesize 44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  60 time(s)

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
Readdy
Prenoob

That's what I thought! I just bought the audiobox 44 Vsl.and tried to upgrade using my presonus account..I did everything it said but it's still showing v2.00
themuzic
Baconator
[Avatar]

Readdy wrote:That's what I thought! I just bought the audiobox 44 Vsl.and tried to upgrade using my presonus account..I did everything it said but it's still showing v2.00

This happens alot. What you do is delete the desktop shortcut then do the install. The new shortcut created will now point to the new update.

http://www.homestudiotrainer.webs.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/themuzic
Email - homestudiotrainer@yahoo.com
Skype - themuzic
Phone - 773-303-7260
I offer FREE assistance for Studio One (any version) and Presonus hardware, to anyone having issues or anyone who simply wants to learn

Gateway Tower - Intel Core i5 3330 CPU 3GHz 8GB Ram and 64bit Windows 8
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]
Readdy
Prenoob

Every time I upgrade studio one artis to the new version my pro eq and effects don't load up,just the basic effects.does anyone know why that is????
krismaticdj
Prenoob

Hello, first time poster. And really quickly, just wanna say I love Studio One, best DAW I have ever used. Anyway, I'm also having some CPU HIGH Usage lately. Ever since I updated to 2.5??? Certain 3rd Party Vst Plugins hog up my CPU. NEver had this happened before. I've had Studio One since early 2012...

Furthermore, I'm running on a 12 GB Ram Computer, with an i7 Processor on windows 7 using 32-bit studio one. Dunno what's going on? I'm kinda concerned if there is some type of bug or something because I shouldn't get high cpu usage at all...

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance...

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: