image description

Does Studio 1 have a stereo delay??
  Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion 
Author
Prenoob

A friend has just shown me a good technique to use as a send effect that requires a stereo dealy - ie. one where i have feedback, dry/wet and mls delay control on seperate L & R channels of that track.

I admit I;m not an expert but having just looked through all the standard S1 Pro plugins, I couldn't see one.

Am I being blind / stupid or isn't there one with S1? If not, can anyone recommend a good one (doesn't need to be freeware)

thanks guys!

EDIT: I've just found the Groove Delay - but I cannot figure out how to do the above????? Basically I need something like this in Logic:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/09/2011 22:56:05

Toth
Presonoid
[Avatar]

I don't exactly understand what you are trying to do. Can you find another way of explaining it? I will try to help.
[WWW]
stevemac
Prenoob

Hi Toth, thanks for replying.

I want to assign a send FX where the right channel is delayed by a few milliseconds. On the channel you want to effect you pan the other direction and the outcome is a very nice.

In order to do it, the guy who showed me this used the cubase stereo delay plugin, that has the basic options of a delay, but duplicated for the right and left channel (the same as the Logic example pic I put up).

By changing the sync to beat off and using the time delay (ie a few milliseconds on one side), you can do this. You also set to 100% wet and zero feedback.

Does this make sense?

thanks mate
Toth
Presonoid
[Avatar]

I think you are just trying to create a chorus effect by delaying one of the stereo channels.
You don't need a delay plug-in for that. Simply duplicate the track, pan the original to the left, and the new track to the right. Delay the new track by 20ms (or how much ever you want) by typing in 20 in the the Delay (ms) box on the left side (Inspector panel).

The "Delay (ms)" box in this picture:
(not where the arrow is pointing, but the box below "Layers")
[WWW]
Motoko
Baconator
[Avatar]

There's three different delays in S1 and they should be able to pull this off.

With the Groove delay you have four delay lines with individual panning, filtering and delay times.
Mac OS X 10.8.2: iMac 21,5" - Core i3 - 8GB Ram
Mac OS X 10.8.2: MacBook Air 13" - Core i5 - 4GB Ram

PreSonus FireStudio Mobile || PreSonus AudioBox 44 VSL || PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 || Alesis Active M1 MkII || CME XKey || NI Maschine || Waldorf Blofeld

PreSonus Studio One Pro 2.6 || Pro Tools 10 || Digital Performer 8 || Ableton Live 9

SSL Duende Native || Plugin Alliance Transient Designer, Rack Pro, DrumXchanger || Softube Studio & Mix Bundle || ArtsAcoustic CL1 bundle, Reverb, Big Rock || FabFilter Total Bundle || FXPansion All Plugins || NI Komplete 8 || Synapse Audio DUNE || Tone2 ElectraX || Waldorf Largo || Image-Line Drumaxx || D16 Group Total Everything || Novation V-Synth, Basstation, FX Suite || Camel Audio Alchemy

Motoko || 64 Measures Music || YouTube || Mass Overflow || Manta Tracks
[WWW] [MSN]
eike
Preamp
[Avatar]

to get different feedback lengths for both channels you either need a 3rd party plugin, or use two panned sends with their own delays.
May the voodoo be with you!
[ StudioOne Developer DSP ]

Performance FAQ

Forum Index » Studio One General Discussion
Go to: