image description

can't connect to computer
  Forum Index » 24.4.2 
Author

hi, i just bought studio live 24. Got installed the universal control in Mac n PC but it won't detect. i look at in system profiler (Mac) n klicked on firewire, it says "presonus studio live 24" --> that means it connect already right? but when i start the studio one / capture software, the studio live hardware didn't detected. same thing happened with my PC. so..... any idea what happened with my pc/mac/studio live?? thx
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

Check your ports and cables.

Did Universal control ask you to update your firmware?
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]
Jason.Harris
Presonoid

Also make sure to download and install the latest driver from Presonus.com! If you installed from the disc you have an old driver

Anonymous

The firmware is already up to date, and I also downloaded the latest driver from presonus.com, changed the firewire card with a recomendation chipset from the manual book, but nothing changed. I'm so corious because it won't work in Mac too, so the question that came up in my mind is[i] : is it possible that the driver crash with other program or anti virus? Because if yes, I'll reformat my PC n mac. I'm waiting for another solution from u guys, thank you.
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

If it isn't working on two different machines (especially a mac) then you likely have either a failed device or a failed cable.

Once Universal Control is installed if it has a different firmware than the one on the device then it should ask you to update the firmware upon opening Universal Control. Did you try to open Universal Control while the mixer was plugged in?

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]
Anonymous

quote: If it isn't working on two different machines (especially a mac) then you likely have either a failed device or a failed cable.

i also have a firebox and pluged the same cable to my pc & mac, no problem at all.

i did opened universal control while the mixer plugged in, it didn't detect the mixer. same thing happen in mac, but the different thing is when i opened "system profiler" in mac, like i've said before and i klicked on "firewire" it detect "studiolive24.4.2", see.... it's weird.
it was tested at the store before i bought it, and it was okay, so there's no way that i had a broken studio live, right? so here now i reformat all my computer, i'll let u know later, thx.
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

Yeah, I think you're probably right about it. If it shows in the mac anywhere we can assume its connecting and we have functionality on both sides of the cable.

The firebox worked so that means good cable.

Some setting inside the mac is jamming things up. Is it set up in aggregate devices?

--MultiBoot System--
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]

Forum Index » 24.4.2
Go to: