image description

Using a hardware compressor with Firestudio project & logic pro
  Forum Index » Digital Audio Recording 
Author
Prenoob

Hi All,

This is my first piece of hardware i've bought, an Alesis 3630 compressor. I'd like to use it on certain channels in logic pro 9.
My interface is a Presonus firestudio project. I've sent the outputs from my interface to the inputs of the 3630, and the outputs of the 3630 to the inputs 7-8 of my interface.

My problem is i can't seem to hear the compressor in logic. I know the compressor is doing it's thing as it's showing gain reduction on the l.e.d's, but i'm confused as to how to get the compressed sound into logic.

Any help would really be appreciated,

Thanks.
Monolithent
Supreme Baconator
[Avatar]

It should function if you use it that way.

Have you tried using the inserts on channels one and two? It should show that way easily. You'd just have to rearrange your routing in PT9 a bit.
http://support.presonus.com

Tallest guy in the Mod Squad with all his hair still on his head.

No I'm not a freaking pilot!! The Air Force won't let me have a suit with a zipper...or sometimes shoestrings.

My advice and suggestions should never be considered advice or suggestions. These are mostly insane ramblings of a poor aircraft mechanic who can, strangely enough, still hear.

StudioLive 16.4.2, AudioBox 1818VSL, AudioBox 44VSL, Faderport, Digimax FS,, M-Audio Firewire 410
--MultiBoot System--
Win Vista 64/XP Pro/7 x86/7 x64 - Mac OSX Snow Leopard/Lion
Gigabyte motherboard--SYBA TI Firewire XIO2200A--i7 2600k Quad Core--16 GB DDR III--Custom 2U Rackmount--4 TB Raid (all internal SATA II)--19" Samsung HDMI LCD on pivoting VESA 1U Mount
Studio One v1 Pro x64
Studio One v1 Artist
Studio One v2 Artist
[Yahoo!]

Forum Index » Digital Audio Recording
Go to: